• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root method linux

Oct 3, 2014
HELLO EXHIBIT COMMUNITY,

i have discovered a new root method working for the t599n. Saferoot, Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube, i have confirmed working on my "in development stage" slimrom. i learned and tested this method simply because all known root methods were unsuccessfully rooting for slimrom.

************************YER WARRANTY IS NOW VOID. PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE MODIFYING YER DEVICE. I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YER ACTIONS!!!!!!*****************************************

UBUNTU;
(assuming adb installed)
ROOT INSTRUCTIONS;
download saferoot
[ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and

Reactions: Guggy
HELLO EXHIBIT COMMUNITY,

i have discovered a new root method working for the t599n. Saferoot, Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube, i have confirmed working on my "in development stage" slimrom. i learned and tested this method simply because all known root methods were unsuccessfully rooting for slimrom.

************************YER WARRANTY IS NOW VOID. PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE MODIFYING YER DEVICE. I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YER ACTIONS!!!!!!*****************************************

UBUNTU;
(assuming adb installed)
ROOT INSTRUCTIONS;
download saferoot
[ROOT] Saferoot: Root for VRUEMJ7, MK2, and … | Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 | XDA Forums

extract zip and place contents at ~/

cd to yer contents (saferoot folder)

run the install.sh
[HIGH]. install.sh[/HIGH]

installs busybox ok.
DO NOT UPDATE SUPERSU WHEN PROMPTED OR ROOT WILL FAIL (did for me...) just press enter key atm

DEVICE REBOOT
NOW UPDATE SUPERSU
^(select supersu app from settings/app, click prompt to update and normal

you should recieve notification to grant or deny su...yer choice lol
supersu app froze at this stage and a reboot reopened the prompt automatically no problem.
ROOTED
YER TERMINAL SESSION SHOULD LOOK SIMILAIR
brandonabandon@beast:~/saferoot$ . install.sh --- Samsung i545 VRUEMJ - Pastebin.com <--

If otherwise, [HIGH]adb remount[/HIGH] before session to grant r/w privileges.

Dude I'd say you gotta clean this guide up. Your just saying do this and that like everybody knows how to do that. I know that link to the guide tells you but you should also be more detailed on here too.

Upvote 0
See that's just too much work just to root for a rom. Blah.

sorry about yer luck kid. if yer unable to access a linux machine (virtual machine, friend, etc.) chances are you wont be able to root. i was unable to root using impactor/vroot via windows. im waiting on permission from dadcup to host a rom i ported, its prerooted. a good option if its new material yer after.

Upvote 0
sorry about yer luck kid. if yer unable to access a linux machine (virtual machine, friend, etc.) chances are you wont be able to root. i was unable to root using impactor/vroot via windows. im waiting on permission from dadcup to host a rom i ported, its prerooted. a good option if its new material yer after.
Yup I'm always looking for new stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones