• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root method

creep138

Dec 6, 2013
Just use the latest kingroot and let it do its thing. Mine didn't reboot but its rooted.

Only a few problems. Xposed won't intall the framework, and I don't feel like trying the one that bootloops Samsung device in fear of a brick.

Changing the dpi is finicky. Some apps and settings will force close. I find 200 dpi to be stable from that atrocouse 240 stock dpi.

Other then that, that's it. All we need now is a recovery and roms hopefully.

copy that. working with latest KingRoot on metropcs LG K7. tried earlier versions in hopes of installing SuperSU. after running Super-SUme, phone loaded binaries, but failed to reboot. Bricked solid at metropcs logo. returned phone (less than 24hrs old) to metro. Re-rooted with the latest KingRoot.. seemed to work just fine. Gots titanium backup, root explorer, link2sd up n running np. tried freezing the KingRoot app (not remove) with titanium backup, resulted in losing root, therefore could NOT unfreeze. oops. Just reinstalled KingRoot, rooted imediately, up n runnin no harm done. thanks for the heads up!!

Reactions: gravary
Upvote 0
Rooted with King root. Then got rid of King root and install supersu using w0lfdroids script from the terminal emulator (http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html?m=1). The only issue was a "Kingroot has failed" toast kept popping up so you have to click on the OK to get rid of it and then click on the next supersu menu option very quickly before the kingRoot toast pops back up. Eventually supersu killed the King root process and everything goes smoothly. Hoping to install the beta 5.1 xposed framework as soon as someone does a custom recovery for this phone.

Upvote 0
Did a little digging found out the LG tribute is basically the same another market. I know there's a custom recovery for the tribute by a programmer named Unjustified Dev. He's done some other things as well for LG products. As this is not in MKT phone, so I gather, the clockworkmod make your own recovery web page won't work (correct me if I'm wrong on that). I would think, however, that unjustified devs custom CWM would get someone a lot further along if they wanted to port it to the k7. I'm going to try to attempt to contact him and maybe find out

Upvote 0
Rooted with King root. Then got rid of King root and install supersu using w0lfdroids script from the terminal emulator (http://www.w0lfdroid.com/2015/05/How-to-Remove-Replace-KingUser-KingRoot-with-SuperSU.html?m=1). The only issue was a "Kingroot has failed" toast kept popping up so you have to click on the OK to get rid of it and then click on the next supersu menu option very quickly before the kingRoot toast pops back up. Eventually supersu killed the King root process and everything goes smoothly. Hoping to install the beta 5.1 xposed framework as soon as someone does a custom recovery for this phone.

Thank you, it worked with out any problems.

Upvote 0
How did you unlock the bootloader? I cant figure the button combo for reboot to bootloader. Power and volume down only factory resets

I rooted with kingroot. Than unlocked the bootloader, than I downloaded flashify and flashed the recovery than I flashed super su zip and than used system app remover to delete all unnecessary apps not needed.

Upvote 0
I u
I used kingroot too. Lately i use KingOroot and just delete kingouser and install supersu from playstore and update binary no problems. Im not knocking just listing an alernate.

Upvote 0
im using the latest supersu no kingoroot or king user

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-13-15-15-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-13-15-15-14.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 231
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones