• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root my Acer Iconia Tab A200

Superholed

Lurker
Sep 20, 2012
Hello, guys! This is my first thread at this forum.. hope I like it :)

I got an Acer Iconia A200 Tablet and I need to root it...

I saw the simple root guide you published about the a200 and did it...meaning I unlocked my acer tablet (using the volume buttons) ...BUT still I cannot execute this line

mount -o remount rw /system (on linux and of course after I did adb shell)

I get this error : "mount: Operation not permitted " meaning I cannot write\read into\from my tablet... so that root I did is not good enough.

How do I do a root which allows me the read write permissions?
I have a huge project and I cannot start until I have these permissions.

If someone can give me a link to a similar problem you had here in the forum or a link to a more serious root, I'll be thankful.

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend!

Amishay.

I tried using the simple root n did the driver install and got a kick back screen while installing the drivers that says one of the command lines error, but said successfully installed so then I use the simple root and tried all 4 options at the top of the simple root ( bootloader unlock, root only etc) and my tab will reboot and at top of tab screen says "bootloader V0.03.06 ICS starting fastboot USB download protocol.... then when trying all options within simple root, my tab screen starts blinking on and off and in red lettering says...... failed to process command CNXN error (ox120000). I'm new at Android now only been really modn my warp phone... but like having root.... any help here???? Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones