• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root my Samsung Galaxy GT-B5510 - Android 2.3.6

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
This are the buttons you need to press and hold them to enter recovery mode.

samsunggtb5510galaxyypr.jpg

Upvote 0
I was able to root my Chinese market Samsung B5510 with the tutorial. It took me several hours to do it. Getting into recovery mode was DIFFICULT and I started to believe it didn't exist on Chinese Samsung phones.

Since I found this thread when looking at how to root my phone, I will leave my instructions here since it was slightly different.

I had to press the power key first, take finger off power key and then hold Volume Up and Home button. Pressing them all at the same time did not work for me. I accidentally discovered this. I followed videos online and everything, but they were wrong for my phone.

Secondly, releasing the volume up key before the home key results in it rebooting in reocvery mode. (That's why I got some much experience entering recovery mode! :rolleyes: ) Take finger off of the home key first and then Volume Up key.

Once I got it into recovery mode and not rebooting, it took less than a minute to root the phone and reboot. :D

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

***sorry, I own the 5512 (wrong thread) in case there has been a firmware upgrade for 5510 too, please read on ***

I followed the steps a couple of months ago and everything worked just fine. Now Samsung released this firmware upgrade which I managed to install after a couple of hours.

Now, when I want to boot into recovery, there is a screen "Volume down to restart, volume up to install custom OS".

And then it is stuck in ODIN MODE displaying "downloading, do not shut down target". Has anyone figured out how to get it rooted again?

Thanks, cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones