• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root not working

I have a HTC One SV running 4.2.2. I have put a custom recovery image (team win recovery project v2.7.1.1)(the only one I could find that loads) and the bootloader is unlocked.

After spending many hours trying every guide I could find, I still can't get root access. When flashing super user zip files using the recovery the output gets to where it's updating partition details and tries to re-mount partitions but fails on all of them.

When I reboot and open the super user app it opens fine, however when opening any app that needs root access it fails saying I don't have root.

Also, I've seen a lot of things mentioning different versions of the phone such as sprint and verizion (not sure I spelt that right), what do those mean?

Well Ive got good news and Ive got bad news. The bad first: I dont know why your phone is doing what its doing. Sorry.

Now the good. Mine just did the same thing a few minutes ago and the problem was cured by following the prompts and updating the binary. I tried through TWRP, but that didnt work so I had to update through the playstore, then on my next reboot it said that the binary was still out of date, so I tried TWRP again and playsote again, and it was successfull this time. One more restart and now Im really rooted (again)! Also as far as the verizon and other versions of the phone: it depends on your carrier. Each carrier has their own specific variant. They all carry the One SV, but each is slightly different in partition layout and maybe a bit different in hardware design too (ive heard of some that have different colored buttons and shells). It is very important to use files for your own variant because otherwise you may cause yourself some trouble. if you read through the forum im sure you can figure out which variant you have, and if you cant you can always ask. I cant guarantee Ill know the answer, but im sure someone will . Good Luck

Upvote 0
if 4.2.2 is the highest update you can go chances are you have boost.if this is your carrier did you make sure on the twrp page to look for the boost variant? as knoober said this is very important.and if you did try the most updated twrp for the phone.still issues? try going to wipe advanced and check and press the repair button on every one that you can.then try to get twrp to install supersu for you.if youve done all this and still have issues im sorry.im just guessing at this point cause you may not have a boost mobile phone.if you do have boost then you can contact me via hangouts and i should be able to help walk you through it all.ive been being trained by one of the top devs of this particular model and now know enough to help.

juggalofrost@gmail.com is my hangouts

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones