• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] One-click root for LG Connect 4G :: 3/3/2012

and i swear on my life i get 4g while talking on the phone i notice it stays on and even data indicator lights light up while talking
That's expected behavior. This device is superior to the Indulge in every way, including in the way LTE functions. The S3 has LTE as part of the main SoC, meaning no separate chip, meaning better battery life. (EDIT: That actually may be/probably is the S4. Still, more mature LTE chip.) But this isn't really suited for this thread.

Upvote 0
Is there going to be a root anytime soon for the Metro PCS Lg Connect 4g?

Thanks guys

I...don't....even...

qj13i.gif

Upvote 0
i rooted my phone and now when i go to the market place and download something it crashes when it finishes downloading and then installs and also my internet connection slowed down

anyone else having issues?
Any issues such as these are completely unrelated. Clear data for Market, Google Services Framework, and Talk in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.

Upvote 0
When I begin the run process on the Verizon executable, the first box states it's the Verizon app. I hit "cancel" to stop the installation at that point.

Different network. Both are CDMA, but MetroPCS is a different network and I'm concerned that the Verizon LG Connect might have different Android OS tweaks than the MetroPCS LG Connect does.

Did you create this .exe? If so, can you create one for MetroPCS LG Connects? Do you test on Connect phones from both operators?

Looking to hear your thoughts...
thx
wouldnt matter on the PC no how, the hardware is the same so the drivers are the same either carrier would got em from LG and at most just add in thier own 'branding' etc. With Verizon they prolly just added the bs for their bloatware which they want you to run on your PC too. ALL the functionality stuff is all the same from LG tho.

you ppl really need to be a lil more appreciative of what konane n crew have done n not be so paranoid. I know both of these guys n some of the others not mentioned like djrbliss. You're safe n can trust what they post n what they tell you!!! ;)

Upvote 0
I'm stumped..

1. I check debugging (then connect via USB)
2. I run the LG version drivers and let them install
3. Then I run.bat
4. It either stops on "Waiting for Device" or once it went to "No deamon running" then "Starting deamon" and stopped.

I have no idea what's going on..

Make sure you select Internet connection once connected via USB.

Upvote 0
I'm stumped..

1. I check debugging (then connect via USB)
2. I run the LG version drivers and let them install
3. Then I run.bat
4. It either stops on "Waiting for Device" or once it went to "No deamon running" then "Starting deamon" and stopped.

I have no idea what's going on..
made sure you done this?

Your device must be in USB Debugging mode. To turn it on, go to Settings > Applications > Development and check the box.

Upvote 0
Make sure you select Internet connection once connected via USB.

Still stuck on waiting for device...

@PlayfulGod - It's check when the USB isn't attached, but once I attach the USB it greys out. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's defiantly checked BEFORE it's greyed out.

EDIT: Nevermind, setting it to internet connection and THEN applying the change. The bug appeared at the top and it worked just fine ^^

Thanks for bearing with me!

Upvote 0
I'm not exactly sure whats going on. I Installed the phone drivers on my computer and then plugged my phone in. I saw on the computer screen it said it was sending drivers to the phone but I didn't see any little android guy on my phone or anything to confirm that it actually did install the drivers. It showed that the usb was plugged in and I was in debugging mode but didn't see anything else saying that the drivers were installed on my phone correctly. So I just assumed that the drivers were installed in which now I don't really believe that they are, but I moved on to rooting the phone. I run the run.bat file and it says,

Press any key to continue...

Waiting for device...

daemon not running. Starting it now*

daemon started successfully*

And then it just sits there any doesn't do anything. Any help would be great. This is the first time I have ever rooted a phone but I followed the directions. not sure why it's not working.

Upvote 0
No it just says,

Press Enter key to root your phone...

Press any key to continue...

Waiting for device...

It says that the one time and then it just stays there. It isn't locked up or anything but it doesn't ask or do anything else. Just sits there with the cursor blinking. I have tried pushing the enter button and others but that didn't make it do anything either.

And I still don't know if the drivers were installed on the phone correctly. Like I said before I installed the drivers on my computer then plugged in the phone with the usb cable, debugging was turned on and I got the usb icon on the top left hand corner of my phone. And I saw the computer was sending files to the phone it seemed. But I didn't see anything on the phone at all that indicated that it was recieving any kind of update. I read somebody said you should see a little green android guy or something but nothing showed up on my phone.

Also I don't think it matters but everytime I plug my phone into the computer the thing pops up says what do I want to open the files on this device with but I figured that was probably normal.

Upvote 0
first before plugging in the phone go to the debugging menu make sure its checked.

Then plug the phone in and amke sure its in debugging you will see a lil android guy if its not there click on usb and click on internet then you will be in debugging and then unclick and click debugging again from the menu. that worked for me i had a lil problem with the drivers aswell

Upvote 0
Waiting for device...

Same thing was happening with mine too. This is what I did:

1. With phone unhook to PC -> go to Settings > Applications > Development > and check USB debugging
2. Connect phone to PC via USB cord.
3. Go to Settings > Connectivity > select Internet Connection > hit Done
4. There should now be a bug on the Connect's notification bar and PC should now install drives from the Connect > Let it do this
5. Run the Verizon drives and let them install completely > PC will then apply drives to Connect
6. Go and run the run.bat

It should work now ;)

Edit: Might want to set it so that "Always Ask" is check in connectivity so it doesn't reset to Mass Storage. This screwed up my first go around after reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones