• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROOT] One-click root for LG Lucid :: 4/18/12

Well you could pull up the software info screen again showing the build,,, etc and take a photo with a camera and post it, that way you show it really is a Lucid and with the software screen up it shows what you're running so that way there won't be no way to say it's fake, unless of course you've played with the build prop.... LOL

Enjoy

But wait there's no LG logo on the top of the phone! Hoax!!!
That's what you get when taking a photo with another phone and the flash. Did the best I could
But wait it's only 3G! Hoax!
I don't have LTE coverage at my house. Sorry.
But wait how do we know that is a Lucid? Hoax!
SW version says VS 840 which is the Lucid model #

Did I miss anything?
(just having some fun with you guys)

Attachments

• phone-pic.jpg
    phone-pic.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0
No I can tell in both photo's that it's a Lucid. Pretty much figured you worked for VZ anyway. That should be proof enough for most that you got what you got, unless of course you know how to edit your build prop. But I figure you got the real deal and those I talked to at VZ are very silent, only saying that the Lucid isn't scheduled to get ICS, but that JB was hinted at as being the upgrade that's supposed to be out sometime in Oct. We'll just have to wait and see......(Now somebody get that man a program to dump the image of the phone that's easy to use so some devs can get working on a kick butt rom like they did for the ally.... LOL)

Reactions: mrryanthai
Upvote 0
I was having a similar trouble with all of this. I just figured it out and would like to share my solution.

The instructions that meggaplex gave are great, except for one crucial step that made the difference for me:

1. Go to Terminal
2. Type cd (and then a space)
3. Type the path to the platform-tools folder. If you don't know how to do this, open up platform-tools in Finder, then drag the little blue folder to Terminal.
4. Press enter.

Now you're ready to either drag the run.sh file to Terminal, or just type "sh run.sh" without quotes. This worked for me!
Good luck!

Upvote 0
Here's another one where you can see the logo and the date and time. And now you know what carrier I work for. I would put today's newspaper in the next pic but I don't get the paper. :)

Well, this is heartening. I've had my Lucid for a few months now and I've been wanting pretty badly for either ICS, or a custom ROM, with neither showing up. Granted your having it doesn't guarantee it will be released, but at least it shows it *is* being worked on, and the Lucid wasn't a pump&dump.

Upvote 0
Ok just tried the software update on my Lucid, I'm getting the download error that most others areas well. If you hit the INFO button, under update status you'll see Failed update. I tried the Lg tool and it downloaded a pdf file that referenced Lucid ICS called "RDL-1207-00094_PDM_LG-VS840_VZW_QRG_ES_Printout_V1.2_ICS_120711.pdf" So maybe we are getting ICS at least and they're having problems with it on the servers or something........

Upvote 0
I'm wondering, does anyone have a Un-Rooted Lucid to see if it will download the update that refuses to download? I've heard from some that say if you're phone is rooted it will not allow the update to download. So just wondering if everyone has their phones rooted and if someone has one that isn't to see if it will download it.....

nope still says its the most updated version at 2.3.6 (verizon, firmware version VS840ZV6).

Upvote 0
i posted a link in another thread on here ill post it here to it worked for my lucid and if you were rooted before all you got to do is download the script.

it works just like the one click method did before, this one you extract file then run the script called run me and then it tells you what to press and thats it

and i still dont know if im allowed to link to another forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Upvote 0
i posted a link in another thread on here ill post it here to it worked for my lucid and if you were rooted before all you got to do is download the script.

it works just like the one click method did before, this one you extract file then run the script called run me and then it tells you what to press and thats it

and i still dont know if im allowed to link to another forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Nice find. Make a new thread for it. Make sure to put "root" in brackets and have for ics somewhere in there. :)

edit: I've seen others link to xda so I don't think it's a problem.

Upvote 0
I've upgraded to ICS and installd root....it installed fine and i removed all the bloatware but now when I reboot I get a screen with the LG logo and it says "security error"

I've removed the battery and keeps repeating, any ideas?

I also held power and volume down to do a factory reset with no success

Upvote 0
I've upgraded to ICS and installd root....it installed fine and i removed all the bloatware but now when I reboot I get a screen with the LG logo and it says "security error"

I've removed the battery and keeps repeating, any ideas?

I also held power and volume down to do a factory reset with no success

You removed some vital app that the system checks for on boot. I have the LG Spectrum and we got that same security flag after removing too much bloat on our leaked ics.

Only way we were ever able to recover was with a .cab restore in download mode. I imagine u can do the same if u have your gb stock .cab file.

Also when we installed CWM recovery on ics, it nuke our 4g and erased the imei. I'm waiting for a replacement because of this. The .cab restore don't fix the 4g. It's was gone forever.

Upvote 0
I can't get this to work either. Maybe I'm tarded. Attached is the screenshot of the run.bat
Any help for us noobs?

LG Lucid running
Android version 4.0.4
Baseband version VS840ZV7-M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.6.2421
kernel version 3.0.8-perf
lge@android-build #1
build # IMM76D
software version VS840ZV7

I'm having the SAME issue. I tried to find a response to this problem, but I haven't found one. If anyone out there has an answer I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm having the SAME issue. I tried to find a response to this problem, but I haven't found one. If anyone out there has an answer I'd be forever grateful. Thanks!

This rooting method does not work on ICS (4.0.4) AKA VS840ZV7 so if you have the latest software update you can't use this method. The ICS Root method is here:
***lg lucid ics root***

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones