• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root] One Click Root for Samsung Admire (SCH-R720) :: Windows/Mac/Linux :: 9/12/2011

Guys can someone please help me. Ive tried for hours always getting this.Thank you in advance.

* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
error: unknown host service
"[*] Triggering core dump..."
[1] Segmentation fault app_process /dev...
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
"[*] Rebooting phone. It may buzz a lot and loop on boot. Don't panic."
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
"[*] Installing Superuser.apk. If this hangs, just cancel it with Ctrl+C after a
few seconds,"
"[*] and you'll be finished rooting your phone. Reboot and enjoy."
1588 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.120s)
Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?
"[*] Persistence complete, enjoy your rooted phone!"
Press any key to exit the script.
Press any key to continue . . .

NM i did it :))

Upvote 0
I am getting errors similar to others except mine says remount failed what could be causing this?

are you sure you are on the 2.3.4 android version. this root method only works for that one. if you are on the 2.3.6 the thread you want is among the stickied threads.

if you are on the 2.3.4 then errors on the command prompt that appear is normal. just boot up the phone are running the script and then go download Superuser from the playstore.

Upvote 0
whenever i try and root my phone it doesnt wanna work i followed all the steps perfectly believe me ive rooted alot of phones before and i followed all the steps properly on all of them and never had a single problem but this phone is hard to crack someone plese help me i keep getting this everytime i try>>>>>>>

[1] Segmentation fault app_process /dev...
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
"[*] Installing Superuser.apk. If this hangs, just cancel it with Ctrl+C after a
few seconds,"
"[*] and you'll be finished rooting your phone. Reboot and enjoy."
50 KB/s (196521 bytes in 3.789s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
"[*] Persistence complete, enjoy your rooted phone!"
Press any key to exit the script.
Press any key to continue . . .

Upvote 0
Yeah? that's cool. Figured since multiple people had asked on different occasions, i would also ask in those respective locations. my fault, maybe? but providing the files would be vastly more helpful than the definition of spam:D

In a different thread cogra said he'd reupload the OA rom along with some others. As for 5.0.2.8 eh I'm too lazy to look for it. There should be one floating around here somewhere.

Upvote 0
error: device not found

nothing after that. WHat do I do? I know i've done everything else right. This is bull. I really want my phone rooted. I am in fact running 2.3.4... I miss ice cream sandwich...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones