• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Root One Stop Shop]Roms, Kernels ect..

And here are the tweaks in that universal zip. I'm not sure what exactly all of them do as I haven't opened them up to look at the scripts but just the names of each tweak will give u a general idea..

I see a battery script. SD write/read speed script, cache size/ maybe wipe on boot script, modified screen sensitivity, changed min CPU script, fix permissions, changed WiFi scan interval, and a script that makes the tweaks and other init d scripts start a certain amount of time after boot

They are all good things

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360866595126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360866595126.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360866604683.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360866604683.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
selfelevated2 i hav a problem for u. I have searched for a while and have not found anything. I have the epic 4g touch kernal 41g_wtf2_0821.zip rom WILD-FOR-THE-NIGHT-01142013-V2-D710.ZIP, GAPPS-jb-20121212-sighned,zip. Liked this rom but wonted to change roms so followed instructions from that guy that from epic4gtouchroot.org . and upon flashing the codename (joyride) rom it aborted installation. Tried 3 or 4 times to flash. failed every time. so i reflashed everything back to wild for the night, no prob rite, well now i must have a bug because after phone boots back up , i use toolbox pro to restore systems data and then i restore misc data, and it promps me to reboot in order to take affect, so i do so. after reboot it appears i do not have root, butt when i hit toolbox it says it is not installed along with the rest of the root app. I am pretty sure u can help me out THANKS IN ADVANCE

Upvote 0
Wipe your data and clear both caches. Then reboot the phone. Complete the phone steep and andopen you app drawer. See if superuser zip is there which it should be. Now download any root app and make sure u have root. I think you'll find the issue is gone...

I recommend not restoring system data. Because that can cause issues. Only restore user apps. And I recommend titanium backup for backing up and restoring apps...

Let me known how everything pans out

Reactions: RAPTOR1112
Upvote 0
It is loading apps onto my phone now , Do u think that restoring systems data caused the problem after rebooting , Also titanium backup and the backup in romtoolbox pro are the same or not ? im not sure.the reason why i restored systems data is that the systems apps was showing to be uninstalled...uh.. well i will try it and see..THANKS, let u know if it sticks

Upvote 0
hey man thanks for your help looks like this may work for a while. as always enjoy learning more about my android device and enjoy reading in this forum unlike some others. all the trouble i have had with flashing a new rom , I should be able to use the same kernal to flash another cm 10 rom rite , if so, i dont have to flash a kernal after wipe rite, just rom and gapps THANKS AGAIN .........

Upvote 0
i'm ready to try a tw jellybean but there are so many kernels available and i read about that bug that bricks your phone flashing in ics so i'm cautious. I've installed the 4 repacked kernels for tw jb on my sd card. i am using the 41mergetest kernel. i also have the agat kernel on my sd card. do i need to use the EL26 kernel to flash a tw jb rom like jellyverse or am i ok with 41g cwm based? Is there going to be any point where i will need the el26 kernel? I am currently on the bakedblackbean rom aosp version. If I was flashing from a ICS rom would I have trouble without the el26 kernel?

Upvote 0
You are supposed to flash it from el 26 or el29 because its considered safe recovery

U can try it from merge test one. It will either fail or flash. And u only need the repack for the one your going to flash

And you need to flash a jb tw modem just before flashing the ROM..

Read and follow the instructions on the ROMs thread

Reactions: harjodh_singh
Upvote 0
So you know, I tried most aosp flavors, and I like paranoid android best. I'll probably try others once I get a better handle on this phone.

Yeah I like paranoid android too.. But there is one I suggest you trying if u like PA.. Its the pacman ROM. Its cm mixed with pa mixed with aokp. In short it is all ROMs put together. Dont get the 4.2 version as it just came out and has issues. I'll let you kno when its fixed. Try the pacman 4.1.2 same guy made it

Check it out and let me known what u think... I also have an app under apps in the op that gives you the ability to change each individual apps DPI on ANY ROM. Just isn't an option for full tablet mode. But u can change DPI of your launcher and anything else to make things smaller and cleaner. I usually set dpi of things to 190 instead of our stock 240.. Much cleaner look.

tebu8ese.jpg

Upvote 0
Try this kernel. - http://db.tt/Sft8LyXO

Don't try to boot the phone after flashing this as its a jb kernel it just won't boot. Only reboot recovery! Then wipe data and both caches. Then flash ROM and gapps and now u can boot the phone...

If for some reason it aborts again just flash the agat kernel zip I had u download. Then reboot recovery. And you can either boot phone or restore your backup. P.s agat takes forever to restore. It sits on checking md5 checksum for a long time. Don't worry it will do its thing

This one from post 41.. Read the instructions I gave him

Upvote 0
I like black bean but I liked pacman 4.2 better except I couldn't download large files on 4.2 so I flashed pacman but the keyboard didn't let you swipe. I haven't flashed to jelly verse like I said i was because I like black bean. But let me get this straight, all I have to do is flash a recovery from Odin and then flash a new rom to leave jellyverse it's that simple? Plus follow the directions in the thread of course.
One thing you didn't mention was wiping your system because I found that flashing from ROM to ROM leaves applications behind and also causes performance issues I believe. I flash the 2x wipe before I flash a new ROM . another question for you self the resident expert on ROMs what is the difference between jb and ICS? Thanks for answering all my questions your a big help.

Upvote 0
I like black bean but I liked pacman 4.2 better except I couldn't download large files on 4.2 so I flashed pacman but the keyboard didn't let you swipe. I tried flashing the acid audio engine but the the sound wouldn't work. Should I be on ICS to do this? How is the light weight rom? What are your suggestions on enhancing audio on our phone .I have power amp pro. I haven't flashed to jelly verse like I said i was because I like black bean. But let me get this straight, all I have to do is flash a recovery from Odin and then flash a new rom to leave jellyverse it's that simple? Plus follow the directions in the thread of course. One thing you didn't mention was wiping your system because I found that flashing from ROM to ROM leaves applications behind and also causes performance issues I believe. I flash the 2x wipe before I flash a new ROM . another question for you self the resident expert on ROMs what is the difference between jb and ICS? Thanks for answering all my questions your a big help.

Im busy today so i will answer your questions in order and briefly. 4.2 was very buggy when I tried it. U could have made it dl large files by getting the apk for dl crutch. Its not on the market anymore. And having a swype keyboard isnt a matter of which keyboard comes with the Rom its a matter of which keyboard u install on your phone. Like "swype" and "swiftkey flow" has theyre keybiard for free. All you have to do is google search the names I just gave u and go to theyre website and dl theyre keyboard app. Swype has u register as a beta user easy and simple and swift key u just download the keyboard. But I think swype is better so its worth diing the exra steps. Be sure to check unknown sources in settings before trying to install things that arent on the market.

And yes its that simple to leave jellyverse. But u should probably just ask on the forums before u do it so u have someone tell u what kernel u need or should use to go where. Hell u can actually restore your backup of blackbean just by flashing the mergetest kernel then hitting restore.

I dont use a wipe all zip unless the op says to. Using that wipes your system and u can soft brick if u wiped your system and goto flash and you couldnt get it to flash. And you had nothing on your sd to flash besides that. Now you'd be left with no rom to boot into. Then you'd find yourself at odins mercy. And it can be a stubborn donkey when you really need it. :eek: point is I just wipe data and cache and dalvik cache before flashin a new Rom. ..

Ics and jelly bean are android versions. There have been many and ever since the beginning of android they are always named after a type of sweet or snack. It a operating system. Each one has newer features. Jb is the newest. If you want to know the exact things thave been changed or added type you question into Google search. Try phrasing it a few different ways and find your best answer. And no problem any time

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones