• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root only Battery Tweaks (Coming Soon)

Mr. Ed

Extreme Android User
Jun 27, 2010
Over Yonder
I have been told at least 2 people have done this DynamicRam tweaks and bootlooped. We have no recovery at this point and no option to get the phone back so I have pulled the links until I can figure out what went wrong.

As I originally warned..there are always risks when doing this type of stuff..and we have no recovery options yet.

I have not heard from those that experienced the bootloop..and I am unclear on what Dynamic ram might have changed in his files that would have caused loops. It may have worked for some that dloaded the files at an earlier date, and might explain why it worked differently for those that might have dloaded the files at a later date.

First and foremost..use common battery saving tricks such as found in this thread. The tricks apply on most android phones. I will work on our own no root required Battery thread soon...pm me with your additions.

Root Only Performance and Battery Tweaks

COMING SOON

Reactions: Gr8Danes
odd.. did that tweak on my infuse a few days ago and had no issues. Did the same tweak on my Thrill and now I can get it to go past the LG boot screen.
Followed your directions exactly.
Tried to restore and no dice. How the heck can i get my phone going??

There is no way to get your phone back up and going unless we can use adb. I will research it in the am.

I am unsure why this bricked your device but have pulled the links until I can figure it out. It is still working fine on mine

Upvote 0
odd.. did that tweak on my infuse a few days ago and had no issues. Did the same tweak on my Thrill and now I can get it to go past the LG boot screen.
Followed your directions exactly.
Tried to restore and no dice. How the heck can i get my phone going??

Waiting to hear back from you. The other "bricked" Thrill was trying to edit his build prop with useless edits he found on XDA, not this...

so as of right now you are the only to have "bricked" the Thrill using the 99 tweaks, a number of us have done it with no issues.

For the record...bricked= won't power on, go into recovery, does nothing

stuck in bootloop= stuck in bootloop...in a perfect world, this can be fixed...until we have recovery and a stock img we can't fix the Thrill

I am working on recovery...but have very little free time to do this and have literally NO experience with development.

The trick apparently is modifying the stock 3e recovery so that we can flash the custom clockwork recovery img.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones