• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root or wait for update?

spiz

Android Expert
Feb 14, 2010
Redmond, OR
So I had previously rooted my BH2. I used both the Galaxy and the newer BH2 Stock from BH MAN. Since I was having that annoying random reboot problem, I decided to use my 14 day period and just get a new one. So far so good.

But now I'm sitting here with it out of the box. I really miss having it rooted... mainly the speed of the phone. But I'm wondering if I should just wait until this little update comes out before spending the time to root and then odin and then root yet again. Anyone have any thoughts?

Some fixes will be on the 'system', so you wont get them untill BH_MAN updates his ROM.

So you can have:

- Non Updated BH2 kernel + BH_MAN rom with unupdated system - as now
- Updated BH2 kernel + BH_MAN rom with unupdated system - if you update, THEN root - OR - root, then flash just AMSS and kernel
- Have updated kernel + system + BH_MAN rom _WHEN_ he updates it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones