• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root or wait to root for 2.2

I have decided that I want to root. Should I wait until 2.2 to do so? If I root now I will put 2.2 leak on but I would want to download the official 2.2 from verizon. Does it make sense to root now or would i have to redo everything when 2.2 officially comes out?

Thanks!

it doesnt matter if you do it now after the ota...the only thing your doing by waiting is sticking with a stock phone longer...you may want to start reading up on the hows and specifics of rooting though Fascinate Beginner's Guide / FAQ - xda-developers

Upvote 0
If you want to root eventually and want 2.2 eventually why not just get it all now? I dont see the point in waiting for the VZW OTA given your circumstances

what he said ^ VZW has been promising updates for months but never show. If you were standing at a cross-walk waiting to cross the road and there were no cars in sight would you wait for the green hand that says its safe to cross or would you just go ahead and cross and be your way? lol .... don't know why I thought of this analogy :D If you feel safe ... root away, why wait? my 2 cents

Upvote 0
what he said ^ VZW has been promising updates for months but never show. If you were standing at a cross-walk waiting to cross the road and there were no cars in sight would you wait for the green hand that says its safe to cross or would you just go ahead and cross and be your way? lol .... don't know why I thought of this analogy :D If you feel safe ... root away, why wait? my 2 cents

At my school I would wait. The cops wait in the bushes for people to cross when its red. They give out $80 tickets!

Screw it.. Time to root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones