1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

root or wait to root for 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by modernmidnight, Feb 4, 2011.

1. modernmidnight

I have decided that I want to root. Should I wait until 2.2 to do so? If I root now I will put 2.2 leak on but I would want to download the official 2.2 from verizon. Does it make sense to root now or would i have to redo everything when 2.2 officially comes out?

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

it doesnt matter if you do it now after the ota...the only thing your doing by waiting is sticking with a stock phone longer...you may want to start reading up on the hows and specifics of rooting though Fascinate Beginner's Guide / FAQ - xda-developers

3. saps

saps Extreme Android User

If you want to root eventually and want 2.2 eventually why not just get it all now? I dont see the point in waiting for the VZW OTA given your circumstances

4. ecc444

ecc444 Member

what he said ^ VZW has been promising updates for months but never show. If you were standing at a cross-walk waiting to cross the road and there were no cars in sight would you wait for the green hand that says its safe to cross or would you just go ahead and cross and be your way? lol .... don't know why I thought of this analogy :D If you feel safe ... root away, why wait? my 2 cents

5. modernmidnight

At my school I would wait. The cops wait in the bushes for people to cross when its red. They give out $80 tickets!

Screw it.. Time to root.

6. ecc444

ecc444 Member

lol ... my motto has always been: "rules are merely guidelines to get us through an otherwise chaotic society" :cool:

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews