1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root OS Crash Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adpr_02, Nov 1, 2010.

1. adpr_02

adpr_02 Lurker

So I've decided to try to Root for first time. At first it all worked amazingly. I used the:

DJDroid_v1.6.zip OS and
    32.48.00.32U_5.11.05.14.zip radio file

A day later, I try to use my phone, swipe down, and get 100 messages saying:

"Sorry! The application com.android.phone has stopped working unexpectedly. Please try again." or
    "Sorry! The application HTC Sense (process com.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I click: Force close, or Report, and another 100 messages pop up.

In order to get out of this, I have to take out the battery. The only way for me to make the phone usable again is to re-flash the OS (Good thing i kept all the files on the SD card). I've had to do this 5x in the past 3 days.

I'm wondering if it's just the rom I used, or if I have a virus or something (i assume they exist for the android OS). I haven't formatted my SD card even the first time that I rooted. Think that could be an issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Did you restore anything onto your new Rom? Or fail to wipe?

3. adpr_02

adpr_02 Lurker

I restored vCard the first 2x but not the last 3x. I cleared cache, and also re-setted device/restored factory settings.

I never completely formatted the SD card, though.... Think that could be an issue?

4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

No. Try wipe or format data from recovery. If result same change Rom

5. hgillon

hgillon Lurker

Mine is doing the same thing. What phone are you using and what did you use to root it?

6. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

some of this rom builds are re-hacks of other peoples roms that are either build from sense or a hack of another rom built from sense

djdroid afaik is a rehack of leedroid. maybe just use leedroid?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews