1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root root phone has to go sprint

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by philly0128, Sep 26, 2010.

1. philly0128

philly0128 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    IT/Real Estate Investor
    Philly
    I'm trying to figure out what to do here. my wife phone has been rebooting like many others here. prior to rooting, it became a little more frequent when froyo came out. she finds when surfing the net and the phone is plugged in as well. Today while she was driving it rebooted 5 times in less than an hour.

right now I have her phone rooted with S-off, I tried switching her from backed snacks 1.7 to latest to fresh 3.2, then I changed her to BK 1.75 to fresh 3.3. I thought maybe it was 1 of her apps, so when I loaded fresh, I loaded none of her apps and it rebooted about 3 times in about 10 mins, then it was fine for the rest of the day.

I'm thinking maybe I should reload the stock version and then unroot. so she can take it in.

If there's a fix for this rebooting guys please let me know, been doing alot of search here and xda and google. I see users complaining about it, but no solution.

Advertisement

2. Painkillaz

Painkillaz Well-Known Member

May 8, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Dallas Texas
    did you try to do factory reset before flashing a different ROM? Also what kernal are you using?

3. philly0128

Jul 11, 2010
    IT/Real Estate Investor
    Philly
    yes I did a factory reset as well just to run a test and within the factory reset not touching the phone it rebooted twice. once I saw that I figured it wasn't her apps or the kernal so I did a nandroid restore for data only. the only thing I haven't done is update the radio it's still at 1.40

for both ROM I used the default kernal, when that didn't work, I then used the netchary listed in sig on fresh

4. Painkillaz

May 8, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Dallas Texas
    hmm yea then i dont know, i had the reset problem when i tried using a custom kernal but then i just flashed fresh 3.3 and i havent had one random reset since.

5. philly0128

Jul 11, 2010
    IT/Real Estate Investor
    Philly
    are you using Netarchy-toastmod-4.1.9.1

6. Painkillaz

May 8, 2010
    Student/Intern
    Dallas Texas
    no that is the one that made my evo reset randomly...now im running the new htc kernal that has the fps uncapped and fresh 3.3

7. philly0128

Jul 11, 2010
    IT/Real Estate Investor
    Philly
    I thought fresh 3.3.1 has the latest kernal in it, can tell me the name of the kernal you have loaded.

I just read some other threads, alot complain about rebooting after using the gps. I just tested her phone and 2 mins of using the google nav, it rebooted, and this is what she was trying to use today as well that caused the phone to reboot 5 times.

I think it's something in the gps or the nav app b/c i'm testing the sprint app right now and so far it's still running

8. novarider

novarider Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
Tags: