• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Possible with AlphaRev X

Even if it doesnt work for windows just make a Ubuntu live CD and stop being a baby I dual boot anyway and just used it in Fedora 15 ( Ford and Chevy with those two) and it worked so fast I thought that I had messed something up but I can report that CM7 Beta 1 has nearly doubled my battery life I am on my second day and have not needed to charge it and Im OC at 1.5 Ghz stable

EDIT
Over at XDA there is a very very good linux alparevx walkthrough from the creation of the live CD to pushing CWM if the automatic method failed as it did for me... This took under 10 minutes and FYI the first boot of CM7.1 was faster than a cold boot (after battery pull) of stock rom which is so bloated not to mention the 175mb of extra internal storage that was freed up

EDIT 2
Really should come here more often lol I forgot I was signed up here

Upvote 0
From what I understand it is possible to un-root ... But I am not sure how.

Its possible to un-root all you have to do is reflash the factory rom or I believe someone recently popped one on the xda dev board however turning S-ON isnt possible yet because the alphadev tool is a one way ticket so if you have to send your phone in for warranty I suggest double flashing or somehow screw up a radio flash so booting is impossible.

Reactions: LaurAndroid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones