1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Root Problem with Droid wall and Titanium Backup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chadderbox66, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Phone Information:
    Droid Incredible
    Hardware Version 0002
    Android Version 2.2
    Baseband Version 2.15.00.07.28
    Software Number 3.26.605.1

Two months ago i rooted my phone using unrevoked 3 everything was working great. About a month in i started having problems with lag when trying to make calls. It would take 5 minutes for the phone to make the call after placing the call if it would try at all. After standard troubleshooting i decided to do a factory reset on the phone and re root if needed. After the reset everything seemed to be working fine and the root seemed to have crossed over. The next day i realized a few root apps were not working.

Apps that were working:
    Root Uninstaller
    Root Check Basis (says phone is rooted)
    My Backup root (done full Restores)

Apps Not working:
    Titanium Backup (says Root access failed)
    DroidWall (will not block any communications)

I decided to unroot my phone and then rerooted it with unrevoked 3. The problem still was there. I then did the Unrevoked forever mod and the problem is still there as well.

I have ran out of ideas and would really like to get my Droid wall program working again as i only have 100MB of data and would like to have this firewall going (or something that will work the same).

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Have you tried pressing the "problems?" button in titanium to install the latest version of busy box? Have you tried clearing the data for the super user app or making sure you haven't denied those two apps sure user access? Did you do a fresh install of those apps or were they restored from a backup?

3. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    When i go to Titanium Backup under problems It gives me an option to update superuser when i do i get: Pakage file was not signed correctly. Uninstalll the previous copy of the app and try again. IHave not uninstalled it yet not sure if thats something you should do to the superuser app. I checked the app list doe Super User and it does not have an unistall option. I did install the superuser update fixer app and it did not resolve that error with the update.

The apps are installed off of backups this time. I have uninstalled them and reinstalled them after i did the first factory reset.

4. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I do have BusyBox Installer(JRummy16 Version) installed. I cleared all the data for Superuser and the two apps are still not working properly.

5. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I decided to uninstall and reinstall Super User, since it told me to. After i did this I am unable to use any root app. it apears they do not ask for permission anymore instead are just timeing out.

6. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I checked the boot loaded screen and it still shows soff

7. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    I uninstalled the new super user and busy box. Rebooted my phone and now I'm back to only titanium and Droid wall not working. Everything else is working. This sucks cause Droid wall is whyI rooted in the first place.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    Collinsville, IL, USA
    Try flashing the newest superuser from a file instead of the market.

http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

Flash through recovery. After that's done, go into superuser and update the binary. It will tell you in the update system whether or not you have root. Do as sdrawkcab25 said and clear out all data from superuser. This should force all the apps to request superuser permissions again.

Chadderbox66 likes this.
  9. Chadderbox66

Chadderbox66 Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    mmolitor87 this has fixed my problem thank you for your assistance, it is much apreciated! Now i can have the few apps i want to have data and disable the rest unless im on WIFI. Sucks to only have 100MB of data but cant beat the price of 30$ a month for 1200 minutes, 3000 texts and 100MB.