• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Question

Does rooting your phone cause you to lose anything functionality? My understanding is that you are putting a new image on the phone. By doing that, are you going to lose abilities that are specific to Sprint? Such as if they put specialized applications on the store or some other sort of proprietary thing? Thank you

Can anyone explain me what difference between root and unroot?? I saw some application mentioned rooted or unroot etc...

How do I know if I am rooted or unroot? I think rooted means you cracked inside software and make some edit to whatever as like " illegal thingy "??

If you haven't messed with your phone's inner workings you don't have root.

Also it isn't illegal to root your phone. However it voids your warranty unless you unroot it when you take it for repairs or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones