1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Root question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hilmartor, Sep 9, 2010.

1. hilmartor

hilmartor Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Hi,

I am thinking about rooting my Desire. I have these questions if anyone could answer.

1. Is it difficult to root the phone? I know there are guides all over the place - but for a regular Joe, is it difficult?

2. If I root the phone doe is zero out everything on it? Do I have to install all tha apps again and themes?

3. Do I get any improvements if I root. I am doing this to be able to buy Market Apps which is currently not available in my country (Iceland).

4. Is there anything that says I should not do this? A change to harm or f*** up the phone?

Cheers all!

Advertisement

2. Kev23

Kev23 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Portsmouth, UK
    Hi, It's not difficult.....just make sure you follow the appropriate guide (depending on hboot & screen type) word for word.

Rooting will wipe everything from your phone......apps & data

There are loads of reasons to root...... applications such as setcpu and titanium backup.... and being able to try loads of custom roms are a few

There's always a chance I guess.... and you will invalidate any warranty you have. having said that the rooting process is pretty stable now. recommend you use unrevoked 3

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Manchester, UK
  4. gmarkj

gmarkj Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Rooting the phone won't wipe everything off it. What wipes it is installing the new Rom...

Tags: