• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root][R910/R915] One Click Root for Samsung Galaxy Indulge :: OUTDATED USE AIO OUTDATED :: 4/10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the file for the one-time root and it still tells me that the rage something is missing. Im new to this and all but I want to use the WiFi tethering for other things like my tablet. I have a folder on my laptop for it and I plug in my phone n hit the run and it tells me to click any button so I did but it said the rage was missing so what do I do now. Need help Please.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the link from pg 2, so I saw the zip but I think I put it wrong where do I put the zip at in a new folder on my laptop or on the phone, cause I keep putting it on my laptop and I opened it and I hit run but it tells me the
Press any key to continue . . .
rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin is missing. Make sure your AV software did not block
it.
Press any key to continue . . .

so what am I doing wrong

Upvote 0
I already put it under a new folder on my laptop but I dont know if I have to put it on my phone then run it or Im suppose to run it from laptop? 1. I took it out of the zip n put it in a folder on laptop. 2. I went to my setting n click on my development and checked the debugg USB n the Mock locations. 3. I connected the USB and I hit the run thats on my laptop in the folder which I named for right now was Metro so I know. But everything goes fine but then it says my phone is not connected so I unplug then plug but it still says that. Am I suppose to also turn on the USB or it should stay off

Upvote 0
I already put it under a new folder on my laptop but I dont know if I have to put it on my phone then run it or Im suppose to run it from laptop? 1. I took it out of the zip n put it in a folder on laptop. 2. I went to my setting n click on my development and checked the debugg USB n the Mock locations. 3. I connected the USB and I hit the run thats on my laptop in the folder which I named for right now was Metro so I know. But everything goes fine but then it says my phone is not connected so I unplug then plug but it still says that. Am I suppose to also turn on the USB or it should stay off

On the zip folder u should've right clicked then u should've seen "extract all" after clicking on "extract all" then u should've seen 2of the same folders, 1 zipped and 1 not zipped, use the "Not Zipped" folder. Oh and 2answer ur other question, yes u should have USB on, everything should be done on ur computer with ur phone connected with a usb cable.

Upvote 0
First of all I wasnt asking for a hand out since I didnt know why it wouldnt it work n my drivers were installed when I first got the phone, so I wanted to make sure it was the ones I had was right then my husband said we had to redo them again so we did n they worked. So everything is fine now but when I try to use the WiFi it dont want to pick up but I see that it is on, but is everything to suppose to be check when checking the settings.

Upvote 0
i am having a problem after rooting and adding the following programs:Bloat freezer, busybox, one click lag fix, overclock widget, Superuser, terminal emulator.
The samsung keeps rebooting or shutting down. it doesnt feel hot ar anything ot works for several hours then all of a sudden just shuts down. or i will hear it reboot for no reason what so ever. any ideas?

Upvote 0
i am having a problem after rooting and adding the following programs:Bloat freezer, busybox, one click lag fix, overclock widget, Superuser, terminal emulator.
The samsung keeps rebooting or shutting down. it doesnt feel hot ar anything ot works for several hours then all of a sudden just shuts down. or i will hear it reboot for no reason what so ever. any ideas?
You might have the CPU set to low. The same thing was happening to me while using SetCPU, ever since I set it a little higher I havent had that issue anymore.

Edit:
Now im not saying thats ur issue but its worth a shot until someone else can help out :D

Upvote 0
My phone is rooted and wifi tether works. But after a while maybe like a hour or so my phone will just shut off and I'll have to turn back on.
Is anyone else having this problem? If so does anyone know a way to fix this.

How hot is the back of your phone. Are you leaving it plugged into a charger while doing this? It could be overheating and shutting itself down.

Upvote 0
You might have the CPU set to low. The same thing was happening to me while using SetCPU, ever since I set it a little higher I havent had that issue anymore.

Edit:
Now im not saying thats ur issue but its worth a shot until someone else can help out :D

Clock speed is set at 400000 min. for screen shut off. its higher then the 120000 that it was set but still shuts down.

Uninstall Overclock Widget.
My phone is extremely slow if it is not overclocked. See i used to own an HTC evo but the bill with sprint became too large after i got married so i had to change to metroPCS and this was one of their better phones. i am used to a phone with decent speed. This one can barely play zombie or angry birds without extreme lag. after overclocking it it is running smooth. it never shuts down during use. Seems more often it shutsdown when i have it in the case. i am wondering if the 2 magnets on the case are affecting it. however that would not explain the shutdown when it just sits on my desk. It is rare but still happens.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones