1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root/rom issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adrock007, Sep 24, 2011.

1. adrock007

adrock007 Lurker

Hi all, this is my first post but I have been reading this thread for some time now and I figured now is the perfect time to get my feet wet.

I got tired of waiting for the OTA Gingerbread so I rooted and installed a leaked ota gingerbread rom from xda, all was good and fine. Fast forward 3 weeks and I begin to have issues with being heard during calls, incoming, outgoing, what have you. I decided to try a different ota gingerbread rom from xda and it never boots correctly after a few tries, so I go back to the one I had been running and the issue is all better.

BUT now I am not getting any incoming text messages, I can send them fine and make calls, just no incoming texts. So after messing around removing handcent, reinstalling it, clearing data etc, I call Verizon. The short of it is they asked me if I received an update recently, I said yes, as to not reveal I'm rooted. Then she asked for the baseband version, 2.15.00.07.28, she says humm, well this is a known problem at HTC from the update but it's usually not on the older version (which I assume I have) and they don’t have a fix so I'll replace your phone with an Incredible 2, I say yes please, hang up, and say uhhohh!

I'm rooted so what am I going to do?? Are they going to be looking to see if the baseband version is what I told her it was, because I assume that when I unroot it will change. Am I right or wrong about it changing? My main concern is that I don't want to be charged full retail for the Inc2 if they bounce it for some reason. Anyone have thoughts on what I should/shouldn’t do?
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement