• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root,s-off,simunlock,superCID htc merge

Hi, i have a htc merge a ADR6325 on 2.3.4
Help, I try follow your guide but this happens:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\keishla>c:\miniadb_merge
'c:\miniadb_merge' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\keishla>cd c:\miniadb_merge

c:\miniadb_merge>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT15XM801936 device

c:\miniadb_merge>
c:\miniadb_merge>adb push zergRush /data/local/
79 KB/s (23060 bytes in 0.282s)

c:\miniadb_merge>adb shell
$ chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
chmod 755 /data/local/zergRush
$ /data/local/zergRush
/data/local/zergRush

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00000118
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[-] Hellions with BLUE flames !
$

Upvote 0
IT WORK! Thanks A Lot :D

One more spupid question if I want s-off what I do? sorry for bother you

no bother,glad that worked. :) if you want s off,continue on with the guide. there is an alternate step 5) in the second post for use with with an htcdev unlocked phone,so just use that step 5,then carry on. holler if you have questions :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a problem with the alternative step5:

List of devices attached
HT15XM801936 device

c:\miniadb_merge>adb push busybox /data/local
1330 KB/s (1062992 bytes in 0.780s)

$ chmod 0755 /data/local/busybox
chmod 0755 /data/local/busybox
$

And i'm having problems trying to install rom

Upvote 0
you need to enter su at the $ prompt so that you then have a # prompt.

youre prolly having trouble with roms becasue the boot image needs flashed seperately while youre s on. i would advise you to not worry about flashing roms at this point. follow the guide and achieve s off,as everything you do after that will be much easier :)

Reactions: Joelm25
Upvote 0
you need to enter su at the $ prompt so that you then have a # prompt.

youre prolly having trouble with roms becasue the boot image needs flashed seperately while youre s on. i would advise you to not worry about flashing roms at this point. follow the guide and achieve s off,as everything you do after that will be much easier :)

I finish the step 5, but when I try to install the downgrade 1.23.605.1 firmware it said: CID incorret update fail or sameting like that.

I have a 3.20.557.5 firmware, my radio is 1.08.00.0524_3 and my HBOOT is 0.89.000

Upvote 0
I finish the step 5, but when I try to install the downgrade 1.23.605.1 firmware it said: CID incorret update fail or sameting like that.

I have a 3.20.557.5 firmware, my radio is 1.08.00.0524_3 and my HBOOT is 0.89.000

ahhh you have not made your gold card correctly. you apparently have an nTelos merge,my apologies i was under the impression that you had a vzw model wich wouldnt have needed the gold card.

also,sorry for the late reply

Upvote 0
ahhh you have not made your gold card correctly. you apparently have an nTelos merge,my apologies i was under the impression that you had a vzw model wich wouldnt have needed the gold card.

also,sorry for the late reply

I made the gold card and downgrade to 1.23.605.1, but this happens on step 6:

List of devices attached
HT15XM801936 device

c:\miniadb_merge>adb push psneuter /data/local/
1230 KB/s (585731 bytes in 0.465s)

c:\miniadb_merge>adb push busybox /data/local/
1241 KB/s (1062992 bytes in 0.836s)

c:\miniadb_merge>adb push wpthis /data/local/
1308 KB/s (679475 bytes in 0.507s)

c:\miniadb_merge>adb push gfree /data/local/
1388 KB/s (716548 bytes in 0.504s)

$ chmod 0755 /data/local/psneuter
chmod 0755 /data/local/psneuter
$ chmod 0755 /data/local/wpthis
chmod 0755 /data/local/wpthis
$ chmod 0755 /data/local/gfree
chmod 0755 /data/local/gfree
$ /data/local/psneuter
/data/local/psneuter
Failed to set prot mask (Inappropriate ioctl for device)
$

Upvote 0
I made the gold card and downgrade to 1.23.605.1, but this happens on step 6:
are you sure you hadsuccessfully downgraded and booted into the downgrade vzwfirmware?

that error is what you typically get when youre on firmware that has been patched for the psneuter exploit.

my hboot is now 0.82.0000. I go to about phone and it say the software version is 3.20.557.5(the same one i had before)

sounds like you only downgraded the hboot. try running the downgrade ruu again. it will possibly have to cycle twice. once to install the hboot,then again to install the rest of the firmware.

if your flashing the phone from hboot,pay attention to what its doing. you should get an "OK" next to boot,system,recovery,etc. as the phone updates all partitions.

if you get any failures or the ruu doesnt run,try and describe in as much detail as possible what happens. it may also benefit to provide some additional info. chose "fastboot" from the hboot menu,and then enter in your cmd window: fastboot getvar all and copy and paste that output(xxx out your esn,meid,etc)

Upvote 0
http://www.mediafire.com/?b6ub4b2fbs1yvh4
@bgg23,

It was in one of my previous posts:
I will be uploading an edited merge toolkit to include both the fre3vo and zergrush binaries, along with the edited batch file and original. All I did was use the fre3vo one for my usc merge. I claim no responsibility, blah,blah. As mentioned previously, fre3vo works for those with u.s. cellular

EDIT: Here are links to files, pulled off of my laptop from various places. I believe everything else was on my desktop beside the miniadb_Merge folder, so download the things as is with filesystem intact, please. MAKE A PROPER GOLDCARD for hboot to accept the downgrade. remember, the goldcard tool spits out reversed cid.
The working goldcard site is:
http://huygens.hoxnet.com/goldcard.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERYTHING YOU SHOULD NEED BESIDE THE FIRST POST'S INSTRUCTIONS (you should be able to pick up at step 6):

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/s5g2ww4b3cnl0/HTC_MERGE_ROOT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTHER INDIVIDUAL THINGS
exploitable verizon zip (I think it was the VZW leak 1.23.605.1 ruu.zip) it came with the original toolkit:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b6ub4b2fbs1yvh4/PD42IMG.zip

miniadb_Merge (folder was in root of my c drive):
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/x7uxumu1gv9if/miniadb_Merge

One click downgrade.bat:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/lhw7u5dwugc78b2/OneClickRoot_Stock.bat

One click downgrade.bat edited with fre3vo exploit: http://www.mediafire.com/view/rs3flyrgt58d5w9/OneClickDowngradefre3vo.bat

feel free to download other separate things I know some of you only need a couple of things and not the whole zip, sorry for those who do want a zip, I know there is a lot to download. I claim no credit for any of the tools save for the little editing of the downgrade batch to use fre3vo instead of zergrush. Thanks scotty85.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones