1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Samsung Galaxy S2 VirginMobile? Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eliasadee101, Jan 24, 2013.

1. eliasadee101

eliasadee101 New Member

Jan 24, 2013
    hey guys! how di Root Samsung Galaxy S2 VirginMobile? please help! very important. i want to get screencast. thank you a million! please provide links!

Advertisement

2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender

Mar 9, 2012
    Male
    Shreveport, Louisiana
  3. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat

Oct 9, 2011
    Male
    Radio DJ & Production Director, NWS Certified Skyw
    Amarillo, TX
    Also, if all you're looking for is a rooted stock without a custom recovery then you can also use this:
    http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=658471

If you want a custom recovery, then the link DragonSlayer so kindly posted is a safe bet. If that method fails or if you ever accidentally do something wrong you can always use the Link to stock rom I just posted to get ya back to stock ;)
    Good luck! Post if ya need more help. This forum is full of nice people.

4. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
  5. miediev

miediev Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Android tablets don't connect to ad-hoc networks by default, and tether apps default to ad-hod mode. There are several ways around this: You can download WiFi Tether for Root Users and change the device-profile to Samsung Epic Touch 4g and the setup-method to Netd. There are a lot of settings in there that you can tinker with. If that doesn't work, you can replace the wpa_supplicant file on your tablet with one that's been modified to see ad-hoc networks. I'd search the xda forums. I found an app that automates the wpa_supplicant replacement, you can try that out if you're brave enough: WiFi Ad Hoc enabler for Android