1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support root sd card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gueydejalisco, Apr 22, 2012.

1. gueydejalisco

gueydejalisco Member
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    N/A
    brooklyn,ny
    ok so i have been looking for wast to free up more and more internal memory i came across an app that lets you (so long your device is rooted ) to move the entire dalvik cache to the sd card. so i was thinking is it possible to buy a 16gb sd card and reserve 8gigs soley for user apps??? via a sd card partition??? and how would i begin to even do this??? thanks for your help:)

Advertisement

2. GTWolf

GTWolf Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    The interwebs in FL
    In my experience 512mb partitioned on an sdcard is more than enough. I used mini tool partition wizard (free). If you're on stock ROM it supports up to ext3.

3. Tokens210

Tokens210 Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2012
    Male
    General Contractor
    Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
    8 gigs for apps lol how many apps you want on your phone, if it was a pc 8 gb would almost be enough to install windows lol

but yes you could technically move most app things to sd with the use of a partition, but if i remember correctly i think some apps still prefer to be on the phone itself, i think gmail and some other google apps maybe a few of them, they still work, just a bit laggy sometimes and i dont seem to get any notifications if gmails on the card, but you may not even use those apps anyway

4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
  5. gueydejalisco

gueydejalisco Member
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    N/A
    brooklyn,ny
    well i do use alot of apps i but its mostly the reasurance of knowing i would have enough space i mean phone come with internal memory of up to 64gigs lol and yes i know some apps can and cant be moved to sd cards regardless of if you can force move or not.:rolleyes:

im on cm7 reloded btw and im still not quite sure exactly how sd partitions work thats the main reson i made this post:)

yes thats the ap i was talking about i just couldnt remeber the name also i know im about to sound a bit greddy but idc:p i am already able to move stuff to my sd card with root accses and force move but theres still the matter of the dalvik cache wich i dont want on my phones internal memory period thats why im asking eg i dont mind widgets being on the internal memory beacuse they need to be in order to function properly