1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root SD in unrooted phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HOTHEAD, Feb 2, 2011.

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member

Replacement ?'s and HELP
    Just received my replacement D1, is there a way to have the market automatically reinstall all my old apps? I thought that I had read somewhere that they were all linked to my gmail so they would automatically update and restore.(paid & free)

Also, I was rooted before, when I returned the phone, I transfered everything on my SD card to a folder on my desktop, & unrooted. I am by no means "techy", what will happen if I just transfer everything that was on the card to this new card? I know I have to be careful of the update.zip file, but what about all the other folders and files? I don't even remember the root process, so back to the forums I go.

Thanks
    Regards
    HOTHEAD

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. istolvampire

istolvampire Android Enthusiast

I know that you can load certain folders back on with no problem like music,pics,media etc... because I did this just yesterday with another android phone after I rooted and rommed it so I could get his personal stuff back on.

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

If I were you, I would format the sdcard in the phone, then do a factory data reset. Once you have signed back into your google account, set the phone down for a long time and do not touch it until you see a "xxx applications restored" message in your notification bar.

Then there's a couple of things you should do to your phone, enable unknown sources and usb debugging. As far as what to put back onto your sdcard, your media and clockwork/nandroid folders, but any folders on your pc that have a '.' in front, I wouldn't restore.

Then to reroot your phone, there's a couple threads at this site and then there's this one also:

Root Droid 1 - regardless of OS version - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

good luck

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews