• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Start

I saw that, lots of angry people.

I think you'll have to resubmit the token. I've been waiting 12 hours for the email, and NOTHING.

But then I noticed that some people were starting to get emails...but not me. One guy got his email right away, so I resubmitted. it took all of 15 seconds to zip through, and the email came instantly. I have my .bin file now.

I think everyone who submitted earlier today got lost in the mix.

Reactions: ARt15 and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I think you'll have to resubmit the token. I've been waiting 12 hours for the email, and NOTHING.

But then I noticed that some people were starting to get emails...but not me. One guy got his email right away, so I resubmitted. it took all of 15 seconds to zip through, and the email came instantly. I have my .bin file now.

I think everyone who submitted earlier today got lost in the mix.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

now go and get your root on:D:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
hmmmm what step are you on? wait.........maybe this should go over in the evo v 4g root forum actually. create a thread there and maybe we can help you out.

I agree. Now that I have my unlock token, most of what I do will have little impact on LS1Truck, so I'll wish him luck in his rooting endeavors, and go back to the EVO V forum for specific issues.

A simple question though that may help LS1 before I depart...

If you install a recovery (in my case TWRP) and decide that you want 4EXT instead later, will 4EXT write over TWRP, or will you have two recoveries? I'd prefer not to have 2 recoveries.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I agree. Now that I have my unlock token, most of what I do will have little impact on LS1Truck, so I'll wish him luck in his rooting endeavors, and go back to the EVO V forum for specific issues.

A simple question though that may help LS1 before I depart...

If you install a recovery (in my case TWRP) and decide that you want 4EXT instead later, will 4EXT write over TWRP, or will you have two recoveries? I'd prefer not to have 2 recoveries.

ext 4 is part of a partition that is done on your sd card thru recovery. so no you will not have 2 recoveries. and most roms do not have support ext 4 only ext 3 partition.

Reactions: Palmetto Fellow
Upvote 0
I think what palmetto is referring to is a recovery called "4ext"

Yes, this is what I am asking about, but the question can be apprroached from a broader perspective. Does the installation of a new recovery delete the previous recovery? If not, is there a series of steps one takes to do so? I wouldn't want any extra stuff lingering on the phone.

Upvote 0
Yes, this is what I am asking about, but the question can be apprroached from a broader perspective. Does the installation of a new recovery delete the previous recovery? If not, is there a series of steps one takes to do so? I wouldn't want any extra stuff lingering on the phone.

Yes, installing a new recovery will overwrite the old recovery.
At least that's the way it was with my Evo and with my SG S3.
So, no, you will not have 2 recoveries:)

Upvote 0
I am at flash a rom and stuck. I am Android system recovery, do I go to reboot system now? Or what next? How do I do this? Put superwipe.zip and download it and put it on your card.

basically:
1.download the rom file as well as superwipe.
2.move them to the sd card via the usb cable and have the phone changed from charge only to disc drive.
3.power off then go into the bootloader
4.select recovery
5.in recovery make a nandroid backup
6.wipe dalvik cache, cache, system, and data
7.select install .zip and flash superwipe first then flash the rom file.
8.reboot and your done!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I did step 2 How to get recovery
using android flasher method
at the end I got this: congrats!!!!!! you now have amon ra 2.3 installed.
The phone went to: Android system recovery
a black screen with green letters and lots of options
reboot is one of them
What do I do here?
How do I do this? 2.move them to the sd card via the usb cable and have the phone changed from charge only to disc drive.

Upvote 0
I did step 2 How to get recovery
using android flasher method
at the end I got this: congrats!!!!!! you now have amon ra 2.3 installed.
The phone went to: Android system recovery
a black screen with green letters and lots of options
reboot is one of them
What do I do here?
How do I do this? 2.move them to the sd card via the usb cable and have the phone changed from charge only to disc drive.

ok so you can reboot the phone if you like to move the files over. or if you want you can stay in recovery. there should be a ms-usb toggle option from the main menu in recovery. connect the phone to the pc via usb and select that option.

you should get a pop up window which is what your sd card is. you can then move the files over to the sd card from there. when all done, unmount the card in recovery and then proceed to make a nandroid backup, wipe as per the guide and then flash your rom.

Reactions: ARt15
Upvote 0
I think I got it! I no longer have play store, but I will play with it tomorrow or later today. I also lost a lot of contacts.

I don't know why you lost playstore aren't you on a sense rom? And contacts you lost were probably not back with Google or you didn't back up manually from a app that can do that because wants you unlock bootloader it erased. Everything on phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones