• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT] Stock Rooted Rom. No CWM required...

BTW good work on this, I've searched all over and then used your zip and BAM.
The thing is, now my phone shows EDVO where before it showed 3G. Now it has a system update. I believe it's 2.12.651.8 I haven't ran it yet.
I'm running mainver: 2.12.651.5 now and I don't want to update, loose root and not be able to root afterwards. I love being free of the bloatware.
Do you know if there is a way to root after this update?
Thanks in advance.
correction, kernel ver.3.016
baseband 20.36W.30.0815U_1.11.00.1116
build 1.10.653.2CL367264 release keys

Upvote 0
I have scoured the web trying to fix this to no avail. Every time I try using RUU I get error 140 bootloader version error.
these are the showver all from fastboot
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.32.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 1.11.00.1116
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 2.12.651.5
(bootloader) serialno: HT27BMB01769
(bootloader) imei: 353171050212838
(bootloader) product: kingdom
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-7630
(bootloader) modelid: PH4410000
(bootloader) cidnum: SPCS_003
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4069mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-22b8e060
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 12
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
let me know if you need any more details
thanks

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for your great work
I have HTC evo design 2.12.651.5 with CID SPCS 003 with S-ON, and I flashed the Rom you provided, it worked for week without any problem but suddenly one day it got into boot loop so I tried your Rom tried stock rom but no result. Fortunately I found RUU stock 2.12.651.5 and I extracted Rom.zip but it gets CID error it has SPCS001 and when I try to change it in winrar it say archive corrupted. So Man I am really stuck need your help how to change CID of the ROM.zip

Regards

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for your great work
I have HTC evo design 2.12.651.5 with CID SPCS 003 with S-ON, and I flashed the Rom you provided, it worked for week without any problem but suddenly one day it got into boot loop so I tried your Rom tried stock rom but no result. Fortunately I found RUU stock 2.12.651.5 and I extracted Rom.zip but it gets CID error it has SPCS001 and when I try to change it in winrar it say archive corrupted. So Man I am really stuck need your help how to change CID of the ROM.zip

Regards
Can you get into fastboof? If you can then use that to flash the PH441IMG.zip Its a zip file and that should do ya fine and youll be stock rooted. Pm me if ya want and Ill try to help and I think I have that zip to share with ya too

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
Yes i can go into fastboot through bootloader, between i have tried several PH44IMG provided in this forum, but i think what i need is to re partition through stock RUU for that i need RUU 2.12.651.5 with CID SPCS 003 which i am not getting anywhere. If you have the above than i will be thankful to you.

Regards,

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks for your reply,
Yes i can go into fastboot through bootloader, between i have tried several PH44IMG provided in this forum, but i think what i need is to re partition through stock RUU for that i need RUU 2.12.651.5 with CID SPCS 003 which i am not getting anywhere. If you have the above than i will be thankful to you.

Regards,
who do you have service with? Do not unzip the file I send you. I sent you a pm. Need your email address to send link to stock rooted rom. Flash that through fastboot and put it on the root of your sd card, not inside any folder but male sure to move the file somewhere off the root of your sd card afterwards or you will not be able to boot. Every time you boot it will try to and reinstall. You can text me. Im awake for a while yet

Upvote 0
Hi
Thanks for your unconditional help.

Well i have bought it from ebay and i was using GSM however it must be boost.

bootloader info :
UNLOCKED
Kingdom PVT SHIP S-On
HBOOT - 1.30.0000
Radio -1.11.00.0418_2
emmc Boot
Mar 26 2012 16:7:45

And on fastboot CMD it shows main version 2.12.651.5
CID SPCS 003

My email id is radiya5253@gmail.com
I hope that information has helped to you. If there is anything else that I can help you with please let me know.

Upvote 0
Thanks Mr Sean,

Great of you !

The Stock ROM you provided worked for me.

What i was making mistake for flashing is i was not taking out SD card after flashing complete.
One more step i did in CMD i cleared the cache through fastboot usb

C:Android
C:Android\fastboot erase cahce

And i recovered my bricked Evo design.

Thanks Sean Parker for unconditional help.

Hi
Thanks for your unconditional help.

Well i have bought it from ebay and i was using GSM however it must be boost.

bootloader info :
UNLOCKED
Kingdom PVT SHIP S-On
HBOOT - 1.30.0000
Radio -1.11.00.0418_2
emmc Boot
Mar 26 2012 16:7:45

And on fastboot CMD it shows main version 2.12.651.5
CID SPCS 003

My email id is radiya5253@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Thanks Mr Sean,

Great of you !

The Stock ROM you provided worked for me.

What i was making mistake for flashing is i was not taking out SD card after flashing complete.
One more step i did in CMD i cleared the cache through fastboot usb

C:Android
C:Android\fastboot erase cahce

And i recovered my bricked Evo design.

Thanks Sean Parker for unconditional help.

Its always nice to give back to the Android Community since I have made enough mistakes in my time with these awesome phones. I have also overlooked this on my phone a while back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones