• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sub-Forums Moved Below Other Threads

Old Member

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm sure it's in one of the MANY Stickies that I've not read but, why are the Root Sub-Forums at the bottom of the screen now below the other threads?

This is a major PITA. It's much easier for people that don't care about root to scroll past 2-3 threads that have to do with root than for people that care about root to scroll to the bottom of 4-5 stickies and 50 threads.

I know, I know there is a link that takes you to the bottom, but it's a hassle to click that to see if anything new has been posted and then have to slide your browser back to the top.

Just my $.02 but it's frustrating for a user that's here pretty much all day everyday. If possible, please change it back.

You now have the option in your UserCP "edit options" section. :)

("Thread Display Options")

I personally still feel there is a problem. What I notice is that we are starting to get more and more root posts in the main forums because newer people (or newer to rooting people) don't notice there is a dedicated root forum.

No, it's not a really huge deal, but in the interests of useability, I really think it would be helpful to have the default be the root forums at the top of the page leaving the CP option to change that.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Upvote 0
I personally still feel there is a problem. What I notice is that we are starting to get more and more root posts in the main forums because newer people (or newer to rooting people) don't notice there is a dedicated root forum.

No, it's not a really huge deal, but in the interests of useability, I really think it would be helpful to have the default be the root forums at the top of the page leaving the CP option to change that.

Just my 2 cents. :)

This is a main job of the staff here to get them moved to the proper local. If you have a second for those, hit the Report button and type in something like "Should be in the root subforum".
Anything is appreciated, thanks! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones