1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Root successful, now wifi teather?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Blazer7, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Blazer7

Blazer7 Newbie

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Thanks to all of your tutorials on here I was able to successfully S-off and Root my Virgin Mobile HTC Wildfire S. How do I tether the phone using wifi now? For past phones I was able to use quick settings to get this done, but it doesn't seem to work for this phone. Any suggestions on how I can get this function from my phone?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Michael323

Michael323 Member

There are free apps in the market...Wifi Tether and Open Garden are two I have used.

Blazer7 likes this.
  3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Actually, tethering is against Virgin Mobiles ToS.

4. Blazer7

Blazer7 Newbie

I guess so is doing the S-off and rooting it for that matter, but thats not what I was asking. I have tethered with other Virgin Mobile Phones before so I don't think its that big of a deal.

5. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

S-off and rooting are not against anything (but it can possibly void your warranty). Talking about how to tether when your carrier doesn't allow it is against the site rules. I don't mean to be a jerk or anything :), just trying to let you know (and keep your thread from getting locked if the discussion goes in the direction these sometimes end up).

In fact, here is the sticky from the VM forums:

HTC Wildfire S Forum

The HTC Wildfire S release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews