1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

root to liquid frozen yogurt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by may2700, Aug 22, 2010.

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

sorry, just a quick ? when i reboot into recovery to install the new rom, do i have to rename the lfy.zip file to update.zip. this is my first attempt and dont want to screw it up. thanks

Advertisement

2. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    what program are you using to install. If you're using clockworkmod, you should be able to install rom from card with any name.

3. may2700

Yes I am using rom manager. Is that different?

4. Danielson2047

Danielson2047 Android Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2010
    Portage, WI
    Apples and oranges. ROM manager is an app for organizing your roms themes etc. Clockwork is a recovery program. Hold x while powering up until you get the M symbol and that will get you to recovery. Should say right there what version ur runnin.

5. may2700

see these are the things that the guide to rooting dosent say. i will download clockwork recover now

6. may2700

ok, apparently rom manager and clockwork recovery are the same thing? do i have to have the premium version to do this? (i dont mind buying it)

so do i install the rom right from inside rom manager? i thought i had to reboot into recovery?

what am i missing here

the easy guide is not so easy anymore :p

7. may2700

so i went into rom manager and hit the "reboot into recovery button" and that brings me into the android recovery screen (have to press the up volume and camera button)

so i tried it again with pressing power and the "x" button. same outcome

this only gives me the option to install update.zip

i have got to be missing a step here

8. may2700

sorry, i got it, had to reflash first. now its going into recovery the way i want.

9. Amrov

Amrov Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Texas
    Noob, sorry - so I'm clear, what do you mean by reflash? Im having same issue. Btw I'm doing this on wifi iPad using barnacle tether on my newly rooted droid! Yay

EDIT: Ok, figured it out. Reflash ClockworkMod Recovery using ROM Manager. Worked fine after I did that.