1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Root Tools & Backup.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SLR 722, Apr 1, 2011.

1. SLR 722

SLR 722 Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    I have some questions about the Root Tools application by jrummy16 and backups while using the app. I have emailed the developer a day or two ago some questions regarding his app, but have not received a response; so I decided to post my questions here and perhaps someone can help.

I purchased Root Tools a few days ago. So far, I have only tried out "Max Events" and "Button Lights".

In regards to button lights, I wanted to turn off hard key lights while the screen is on, so I clicked that option. There was a small box that appeared briefly on the bottom of the screen with a "1" in it. When it prompted me to reboot, I did so. However, after doing so, the hard key lights still came on when the screen was on. I tried again, but it still did not work. Is this feature not compatible with the Droid X? Is there something that I am not doing right?

I did not make a backup prior to applying the 2 settings in Root Tools. However, I did make a backup about a week ago after I rooted my phone. Should I have made another backup before changing the settings using Root Tools? In Max Events, I had set the max events per second to "60". I believe the current max events before changing it was 50. Now, if I were to uninstall Root Tools, would that particular setting be still applied? Will it harm my phone if I remove the app with that setting still applied? If I wanted to remove the app, should I change the max events per second to the original "50" before doing so?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Change the pop up "1" to a "0."

It would still be 60.

3. SLR 722

SLR 722 Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    How would I be able to do that?

4. C0n57an71n3

C0n57an71n3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Oh, I misread - sorry. Try the opposite setting, like "Always on." I don't have Root Tools, so I can't work this out, but do that then reboot. When it comes back, try the one you want and reboot. It may fix it.

5. SLR 722

SLR 722 Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    I tried the opposite setting; it did not fix it. It still did not work. After that, I had tried applying the "back lights off" setting again; it did not work.

Is anyone with jrummy16's Root Tools application on their Droid X experiencing this issue?

Edit: Is there another root app or method that can perform this particular feature?

Edit 2: Nevermind. I have found an app that turns off the hardware back lights.

6. jason11ac

jason11ac Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    Can someone explain what max events and dalvik Vm heap are. I saw both on root tools by jrummy. advantages and disadvantages of higher or lower max events and Vm heap. also what they do in general

7. azuma73

azuma73 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 19, 2010
    Forklift Operator, Chef
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Anyone know if I can use this with Velocity 1.1 without conflict? It looks hella cool!!