1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[ROOT]Unlimited Native Tether! For (Aokp & CM11)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iiAriesii, Jun 27, 2015.

1. iiAriesii

iiAriesii Member

Hey thanks for clicking this! I know how to get unlimited tethering!

1. Download SQLite Editor

2. Inside App go to the "files" tab and click (data,data,com.android.provider.settings)

3. Click the databases folder

4. Click settings.db and press the + sign

5. Put "tether_dun_required" in name

6. Then the value as "0"

Click save and Reboot!

There you go! You now have unlimited wifi tethering! Enjoy!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

Metro and T-Mobile now allows a certain amount of free tethering per month, the amount varies with the different plans. This doesn't get unlimited tethering you just probably haven't hit the cap yet.

Blu8 likes this.
  3. iiAriesii

iiAriesii Member

I have been using this for about a month now, and Haven't Hit the limit yet. I got a message from metropcs said I reached it, and I still could tether sooooo...

4. iiAriesii

iiAriesii Member

I OVERUSE The hotspot! I even sometimes test out on ps3 and I forget I am even using the hotspot.

5. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

All I'm saying is enabling this doesn't allow unlimited tether, some slip through because of the way their phone is set up. Custom rom made for a different carrier and so on. But I have enabled this on all of my Android devices and I always get upsell page.

6. iiAriesii

iiAriesii Member

Ok, What Carrier Are you On?

7. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

I know you said this is for two roms, that our available for phone. But will this work on stock? I had AOKP, but no longer supported. So switched to stock.

Weird I didn't need any special tricks on AOKP Rom for native tether. It worked and no cap. Even when I checked official MetroPCS app, showed no Hotspot data used lol. Even after 150 Hotspot GBs used lol.

8. iiAriesii

iiAriesii Member

Nope, I tried the other day because Aokp was Getting slow, and i went back to stock, and when i do the steps up above, the tether does not work at all, it like disables it, i think. You could try, but i don't recommend it.

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews