• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root/Unroot/Flash

Wesley12

Apr 25, 2012
Couple basic questions for you guys:

1. I rooted my phone. I didn't install any ROMs or anything. I just wanted to get rid of the bloatware and such so it wouldn't take up space, etc. How do I unroot it incase I have to send it in? Would this also require me to lock the bootloader, and if so, how do I do this?

2. Since I deleted apps and a couple of other things, how do I make it go back to "stock" where as I would have those deleted apps and such back onto the phone? If I deleted the apps, and unrooted my phone, would they look at it and see I deleted them and not fix my phone?

3. Apart from those questions, overall.. How do I make my phone "out of box" again, and then unroot the phone and lock the bootloader?

Couple basic questions for you guys:

1. I rooted my phone. I didn't install any ROMs or anything. I just wanted to get rid of the bloatware and such so it wouldn't take up space, etc. How do I unroot it incase I have to send it in? Would this also require me to lock the bootloader, and if so, how do I do this?

dont need to unroot to send it in... they just dont care.. would only need to unroot if you want to sell the phone... bunch of guides available... use the search button..

2. Since I deleted apps and a couple of other things, how do I make it go back to "stock" where as I would have those deleted apps and such back onto the phone? If I deleted the apps, and unrooted my phone, would they look at it and see I deleted them and not fix my phone?

Again.. they dont care... but you can flash the stock rom again...

3. Apart from those questions, overall.. How do I make my phone "out of box" again, and then unroot the phone and lock the bootloader?

there are a bunch of guides... will find a link and edit this post...

edit: link ---> http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...evo-v-4g-ruu-flashing-guide-unroot-guide.html[/COLOR]

orange is sexy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones