• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root > Unroot > Trouble Re-rooting

Attmore

Lurker
Sep 9, 2011
Rooted using unrevoked Forever, unrooted using unrevoked s-on tool and PC36IMG.zip. Tried rerooting with enrevoked but, it fails almost instantly. Tried using a 2.2 ruu but it also fails.

Im lost, im hoping i didnt lose my root...Im sure i didnt include enough information, not too sure what all info would be relevant

Any help would be much appreciated.....unrooted is so frustrating...

Rooted using unrevoked Forever, unrooted using unrevoked s-on tool and PC36IMG.zip. Tried rerooting with enrevoked but, it fails almost instantly. Tried using a 2.2 ruu but it also fails.

Im lost, im hoping i didnt lose my root...Im sure i didnt include enough information, not too sure what all info would be relevant

Any help would be much appreciated.....unrooted is so frustrating...

did you do an update? what is you hboot?

Upvote 0
deleted all the drivers and re-installed them, re downloaded unrevoked a few times too. Something weird going on, maybe when i took it in to sprint they updated it?

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
2.6.32.17-gee557fd
htc-kernel@and18-2#15

Build number
3.70.651.1 CL294884 release-keys

Software number

appreciate your help btw

Upvote 0
deleted all the drivers and re-installed them, re downloaded unrevoked a few times too. Something weird going on, maybe when i took it in to sprint they updated it?

Android version

Baseband version

Kernel version
2.6.32.17-gee557fd
htc-kernel@and18-2#15

Build number
3.70.651.1 CL294884 release-keys

Software number

everything looks like it is froyo and not gingerbread so looks like they did not update you. unrevoked should work.

your other option maybe is to try and update to gingerbread and then run revolutionary to get you rooted. you can follow this guide:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...ooting-dummies-guide-gingerbread-edition.html, if that is what you choose.

edit:and you went here:http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/windows_hboot_driver_install to get the drivers installed correctly, right?

Reactions: Attmore
Upvote 0
will updating to gingerbread update my hboot? seems the revolutionary.exe is for 2.16 and 2.17. Tried running it last night a few times, do ineed to do an official update to gingerbread?

by doing the update your hboot will change to 2.16. when your hboot changes then you can run revolutionary, if you want.

Upvote 0
lol, somethins effed up.....checked for updates on the phone, prl, firmware, htc and wont even get that done....tried the most current ruu as well....lol getting root has never been more frustrating

whats lame is, i have 5 or 6 nandroids but just cant get to them!

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies.html

thats the root process i used when i first got the phone, and the unroot process i used yesterday. Took the phone to sprint to get a speaker replaced, did sprint update my phone and not tell me? should i back up my /sd and just wipe everything?

Upvote 0
lol, somethins effed up.....checked for updates on the phone, prl, firmware, htc and wont even get that done....tried the most current ruu as well....lol getting root has never been more frustrating

whats lame is, i have 5 or 6 nandroids but just cant get to them!

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies.html

thats the root process i used when i first got the phone, and the unroot process i used yesterday. Took the phone to sprint to get a speaker replaced, did sprint update my phone and not tell me? should i back up my /sd and just wipe everything?
from the looks of it, no sprint did not update your phone. and yes i would wipe everything. if you can copy your card to the computer and format it through your phone. also do a factory reset and even a hard reset in hboot as well (clear storage).

Reactions: Attmore
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones