• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Root] Venice Rooted - Details

first download USB Drivers from here:
LG LG730 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA
Install phone drivers

enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone (system settings-> Developer Options

enable installing from unknown sources (system settings -> security)

download root kit (also linked in original post)
Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry…zip (4,14 MB) - uploaded.to

unzip above file into c:\LG_Venice_Root (you can use a different location, but will need to modify the next step accordingly).

Open a command prompt. windows Start Menu, type [CMD] (do not type the brackets] in the search/run area

within the command prompt that opens
[C:] [enter]
[CD LG_Venice_Root] [enter]

Verify that drivers are installed properly and phone is connected. Within command prompt type:
[stuff\abd devices] [enter]
your phone should be listed. if not re-install drivers

Run script to Root Phone. In command prompt type:
[runme] enter
[1] enter (for normal root)

Turn on phone (if it went to sleep) and select RESTORE ( i believe the button was on the bottom right of the screen).

Phone will reboot once or twice. When it loads back up you can verify it worked by opening your Apps. If you see SuperSU you should have root access.

Update:
DO NOT UNINSTALL GOOGLE MOVIES OR GOOGLE BOOKS. You will brick your phone. You can try removing other pre-loaded software at your own risk.

I was working with these directions on Saturday for three hours. I noticed that the file in the stuff\ folder was the regular Android Debugging Bridge app, shown as adb.exe. These directions are listed elsewhere with the typo...

Upvote 0
Same question here. I just rooted my wife's phone, but don't want to start freezing apps if it is going to brick the phone.

I'm pretty sure I used Titanium Backup to freeze the apps when I bricked my phone.

About the only thing you can do is just disable the app - that way it is still on the phone when it checks for it at boot, but will not show in the app list on your phone.

go to "App Settings" then find the app. The top right button will then disable the app (if any updates had been installed you need to uninstall updates before the disable button will appear)

Upvote 0
A couple weeks after loading the LGPwn.apk file on my SD card, I got up the courage last night to launch the app and complete the root process. It worked! Fast, slick, no hiccups!

My phone is version 4.1.2, kernel 3.4.0, Build JZ054K, Software version LG730ZV8.

The instructions are located here (and referenced earlier in this thread): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=42951767

Reactions: animusfl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones