• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Videos?

I found a couple of root video tutorials on YouTube, but both tutorials had disabled comments, so I'm afraid to give 'em a whirl. Anyone had success with a video tutorial to root your Eris? :eek:

Did you check out these? http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...-friendly-how-tos-w-instructional-videos.html (Frisco recently added this link to the top sticky in the all-things-root thread).

They are from TheUnlockr website that some of us have frowned-upon for at least one past indiscretion involving posting/hosting a 2.1 leak ROM posing as the base root ROM and never owning-up to it (we're pretty sure a few folks tried to root with this and ended-up not being able to). I'm willing to give them a second chance...:)

Note: you should be aware that the root method listed here is the "old school" method and not the simple "1-click" methods most folks are using now.

Anyway, the videos looked pretty good when I first checked 'em out a while ago...see how they look to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones