• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root root your mytouch 3g!!!

yay. Done. Thanks to the jfritzs2. Running superD. Had a little scare in the middle of rooting. but worked out well in the end.

See if you can get mms's. I am unable to with the Ram Hack and Non Ram hack..

Reverted back to 1.9 to check there...Great cant get back to 1.9 and now my phone hangs. i hate this crap some times. Good thing i did a nandro backup.

Upvote 0
Apparently rooting didnt help. It seems to have made the problem worse. Now no matter what application is on, when I exit it, it takes around 10 seconds for all the icons to load back and before I can start using the phone again.

Are you using another Home app. I was using Home++ and noticed a lot of hang. Sometimes it was pissing me off. So i dont use it now. LOL

Phone still fly's even if i cant get MMS's

I think its Tmobile. Unless someone can confirm that they are also not receiving MMS's with Super D. Its not going to kill me however would like to have ALL features of the phone ;)

Upvote 0
Are you using another Home app. I was using Home++ and noticed a lot of hang. Sometimes it was pissing me off. So i dont use it now. LOL

Phone still fly's even if i cant get MMS's

I think its Tmobile. Unless someone can confirm that they are also not receiving MMS's with Super D. Its not going to kill me however would like to have ALL features of the phone ;)

i have att, so if only I had a message plan, I would have been able to confirm it.

Well i guess i needed a restart. solved the problem of 10 sec delay.

Can you send MMS's?

Upvote 0
i have att, so if only I had a message plan, I would have been able to confirm it.

Well i guess i needed a restart. solved the problem of 10 sec delay.

Can you send MMS's?

I can send them. I can even send them to myself and view them. Its if someone sends me a pick. Tmobile says it was a eternal memory thing. WRONG... The non RAM hack did not help. They also said it was the senders fault. NOT!

So im hoping two things. 1) its Tmobiles fault and they dont like me. or 2) Its a bug.

We will figure this out some day. :)

Upvote 0
hey guys, I'm thinking about rooting and installing the latest stable Cyanogen firmware. First I have a few questions:

1. will the Cyanogen firmware give me a noticeable speed boost and eliminate lag that is on the stock 1.6 OS?

2. Is this guide up-to-date? Full Update Guide - MT3G/Magic Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

3. Is wifi tethering easy to install?

4. Is there any functionality that I will lose on Cyanogen?

Upvote 0
hey guys, I'm thinking about rooting and installing the latest stable Cyanogen firmware. First I have a few questions:

1. will the Cyanogen firmware give me a noticeable speed boost and eliminate lag that is on the stock 1.6 OS?

2. Is this guide up-to-date? Full Update Guide - MT3G/Magic Firmware to CyanogenMod - CyanogenMod Wiki

3. Is wifi tethering easy to install?

4. Is there any functionality that I will lose on Cyanogen?

1. yes it will definitely give you better speed.
2. this is an updated guide.
3. it is and on some roms it comes pre-installed.
4. cyanogen and superd roms are very stable and you dont lose any feature. you might get some added features (i hope you dont mind that :p)

Reactions: jasnmb
Upvote 0
After I finish the guide on the cyanogen wiki, I assume I don't have to do anything special to re-connect to the T-mobile network? Is all that just stored on my SIM card and gets picked up automatically?

Yes, nothing else is to be done to connect to t-mobile's network as far as your voice connection is concerned. Depending on the rom you use, you may have to add the apn settings (for data connection). You can find these settings easily by googling for them. Once again, this is not necessary but dont get shocked if you have to do it in some roms.

Upvote 0

Can someone explain steps 11-13 from the guide?

So after I use FlashRec to back my recover image, what does step 12 mean? Is there a button/option in FlashRec to download a different recovery image than the one I just backed up?

Also, once I get to step 13, how exactly do I flash the new recovery image? is that another button/option in the FlashRec app?

11. Launch FlashRec. Use it to back up your recovery image.
12. Download the new recovery image from FlashRec
13. Flash the new recovery image.

Upvote 0
Can someone explain steps 11-13 from the guide?

So after I use FlashRec to back my recover image, what does step 12 mean? Is there a button/option in FlashRec to download a different recovery image than the one I just backed up?

Also, once I get to step 13, how exactly do I flash the new recovery image? is that another button/option in the FlashRec app?

Once you have backed up your recovery you'll have the option of installing a new one. You can download one and put it in your sd card with flashrec.apk.

Step 12 allows you to download a new recovery, since you have one stored in your sd card, just type in the address of your recovery and install it.

This process is explained in a video by unlockr.

Reactions: jasnmb
Upvote 0
Once you have backed up your recovery you'll have the option of installing a new one. You can download one and put it in your sd card with flashrec.apk.

Step 12 allows you to download a new recovery, since you have one stored in your sd card, just type in the address of your recovery and install it.

This process is explained in a video by unlockr.

I can't view that video at work, but after reading the instructions on that unlocker site it sounds like I have the option of either using a different recovery image (like the Amon Ra’s Recovery Image), or clicking the "Flash Cyanogen Recovery" button like the one in this image below?? If so, what is the advantage of using the Amon Ra recovery image vs the built in Cyanogen recovery?

img14a.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones