• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Your T-Mobile MyTouch 3G!

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
The boys at XDA Devs have done it again, this time not only rooting the MyTouch 3G which launched just a week ago, but also providing an in-depth tutorial on how to do it yourself! The actual tutorial was written by Amon_RA who gives props to Jrbourgque and Haykuro (remember him?) for their help. [...]

More...

I am new to Android, and well am sort of a techno reject, which is why I use a Mac as it does not require me to think.... Anyway, I have seen this term "root" before on these fora and don't know what it means. Could someone tell me what it means to "root" my phone? If I should do that? Just curious....

Thanks

There are many discussions here on the forums about rooting ... they are not all for your exact model but general rooting info is common acroos platforms ...

Just do a TAG Search for 'root' or 'rooting' that should answer many questions .... also try searching on "benefits of rooting"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones