• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root your updated LG Marquee phone step by step.

Are there any other drivers that should be downloaded? Like i said..ive rooted his moms phone on my computer..and i think i do remember going thru this but cannot remember what i did..its been a while since ive done this..i have downloaded everything on his computer..even called my house to see if it matched what i had downloaded when i did it..i just don't see why this isn't working and why these new hardware pop ups keep showing up..like i said ..since they do pop up the kdz updater can't even read the phone.

Reactions: crosschet
Upvote 0
Where are you getting the drivers from, LGs site? I've used these since the ZV9/ZV3 firmware (on ZVC now) without a problem.
Also try rebooting after the install. You shouldn't have to, but I remember one post from a few months back where the person claimed they had to reboot after installing the drivers to get the phone to recognize.

Also try different USB ports. Maybe one is bad.

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I'm finally considering rooting & I'm confused about one thing.

Which are the proper settings for the R&D Test tool (kdz updater for step 11)?

A. Emergency, 3gQCT, & Normal web upgrade test [as per the Instructions docx in the Offline Fix zip]

B. CDMA & DIAG [Default for me when I opened the program]

C. CDMA Smartphone (WM) & DIAG [as per step 7 of the original post for this thread]

There are 3 different instructions in 3 different places, so which one is it?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I'm finally considering rooting & I'm confused about one thing.

Which are the proper settings for the R&D Test tool (kdz updater for step 11)?

A. Emergency, 3gQCT, & Normal web upgrade test [as per the Instructions docx in the Offline Fix zip]

B. CDMA & DIAG [Default for me when I opened the program]

C. CDMA Smartphone (WM) & DIAG [as per step 7 of the original post for this thread]

There are 3 different instructions in 3 different places, so which one is it?

Follow the guide as outlined here, doesn't matter what you may see elsewhere this thread outlines the process in detail.

Reactions: Qogi
Upvote 0
Follow the guide as outlined here, doesn't matter what you may see elsewhere this thread outlines the process in detail.
Alrighty. Thank you for the clarification. I just wanted to make sure I got it right, especially since there is a possibility of bricking the phone (by not following the proper steps).

Well, I managed to root the phone in one shot with no problems.

Upvote 0
i have benn trying to root my brothers boost marquee and i have had no luck . I didnt have any trouble when i rooted my marquee but i cant remember if the LG Support Tool is required to get all the drivers installed that is needed..??

Well.... I personally did not use the LG Support Tool (Win 7 SP1 x64).... I hope that wasn't a no-no, but there were no blips when I went to root the phone.

If I recall correctly, I

--clicked the Boost link in Step 2

--downloaded the USB Driver for Windows & LG Mobile Support Tool

(I actually did open the LG Mobile Support Tool by accident while trying to figure out what it was.... Nothing happened, as I did not have the phone plugged into the computer at the time.)

--turned off Antivirus & Internet Security Suite, installed the USB Driver & rebooted (without phone plugged into the computer)

--plugged the phone turned on in the computer (w/ USB Debugging, Always ask off, & charge only)

There was the usual automatic detection & installation of the phone's drivers that went without a hitch.

--made sure I had the USB driver fix from the quoted post in the original post
(already had it)

After a while of having the phone on & looking through the Device Manager, I believe I turned off the phone with the power button while it was still plugged into the computer & more drivers installed (around step 10 when the phone is powered down)....

More drivers installed when I switched to Mass Storage.... Made sure all necessary Windows Updates were completed.... Rebooted....

Then, get to rooting!

Around step 11 with my Boost phone, more drivers installed, then I disabed the LG (modem) entry in network adapters in Device Manager.

I hope this is helpful to you in some way.

Reactions: bestrooted
Upvote 0
Well.... I personally did not use the LG Support Tool (Win 7 SP1 x64).... I hope that wasn't a no-no, but there were no blips when I went to root the phone.

If I recall correctly, I

--clicked the Boost link in Step 2

--downloaded the USB Driver for Windows & LG Mobile Support Tool

(I actually did open the LG Mobile Support Tool by accident while trying to figure out what it was.... Nothing happened, as I did not have the phone plugged into the computer at the time.)

--turned off Antivirus & Internet Security Suite, installed the USB Driver & rebooted (without phone plugged into the computer)

--plugged the phone turned on in the computer (w/ USB Debugging, Always ask off, & charge only)

There was the usual automatic detection & installation of the phone's drivers that went without a hitch.

--made sure I had the USB driver fix from the quoted post in the original post
(already had it)

After a while of having the phone on & looking through the Device Manager, I believe I turned off the phone with the power button while it was still plugged into the computer & more drivers installed (around step 10 when the phone is powered down)....

More drivers installed when I switched to Mass Storage.... Made sure all necessary Windows Updates were completed.... Rebooted....

Then, get to rooting!

Around step 11 with my Boost phone, more drivers installed, then I disabed the LG (modem) entry in network adapters in Device Manager.

I hope this is helpful to you in some way.
The details was just what i needed !!!! Extreamly HELPFULL >>

Upvote 0
15:08:11 : Launching SW update
15:08:11 : Unpacking KDZ
15:08:24 : KDZ file extraced
15:08:45 : Files were extracted.
15:08:45 : LGMobileDL Load.
15:08:45 : Port = -1
15:08:45 : Connecting to phone
15:08:53 : Check Phone mode = 1
15:09:08 : Phone type check.......
15:09:08 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
15:09:08 : _SetAuthMark Fail
15:09:08 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(65535)
15:09:08 : _DetachDLL Call
15:09:08 : _DetachDLL Call End
15:09:08 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\LS855ZV9_11.S9_00.P60680.wdb
15:09:08 : Param : moduleDir =
15:09:08 : Param : waitTime = 33000
15:09:08 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 0
15:09:08 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
15:09:08 : Param : BinVersion = LS855ZV9_11.S9_00.P60680
15:09:08 : Param : AuthMark = 65535
15:09:08 : Call fn_StartUpgrade
15:09:12 : CDMA: wParam = 20, lParam = 570
15:09:12 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 570)
15:11:11 : CDMA: wParam = 100, lParam = 52
15:11:11 : Step : Upgrade Error2 - Error Code : 52
15:11:11 : ResetStartInfo() Call
15:11:11 : _DetachDLL Call
15:11:11 : _DetachDLL Call End
15:11:11 : FreeLibrary Call
15:11:13 : FreeLibrary Call End
15:11:13 : ResetStartInfo() Call End
15:11:13 : CDMA: wParam = 20, lParam = 0
15:11:13 : Model Dll Msg Not Found(20, 0)
15:11:18 : ===FINISHED===
15:11:24 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll-CDMA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

my boost lg marquee is keep turning all the way on, I install the drivers I do everything step by step, I dont know wat im doin wrong can somebody help me?

keep telling me Upgrade error WParam:100 LParam:55 again and again:/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones