• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Zte warp elite N5918

KingRoot 4.9.5 locked my phone the same way. I haven't tried 4.9.6 yet on it because it's my only phone and I don't want to mess it up again. I think I'm going to give up until I get a different phone. HTC is a phone that keeps the bootloader unlocked without voiding the warranty as far as I know. Hopefully boost mobile carries a good model.

Upvote 0
KingRoot 4.9.5 locked my phone the same way. I haven't tried 4.9.6 yet on it because it's my only phone and I don't want to mess it up again. I think I'm going to give up until I get a different phone. HTC is a phone that keeps the bootloader unlocked without voiding the warranty as far as I know. Hopefully boost mobile carries a good model.
Yeah, don't feel like resetting it again. Does anyone know if the LG Stylo 2 or the Galaxy J7 have root?

Upvote 0
ZTE n9518 root with KingRoot 4.9.6
I just got root. Not sure if it is complete or if it will last. Is there anything I should do next?

Attachments

• 1472256977596.jpg
    1472256977596.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1472256996105.jpg
    1472256996105.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 1472257022045.jpg
    1472257022045.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 1472257074316.jpg
    1472257074316.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
If someone actually looked at the ZTE Bootloader at it's source code. It is locked because the UICC unlock feature has been disabled via Android OS side, therefore root cannot be obtained through a phone restart/power cycle.

The bootloader "ZTE" logo (that loads before "carrier/provider" logo screen) remains locked by "ZTE Consumer Electronics"

If someone was a master at manipulating bootloader code they could easily unlock it. ZTE is in the technological business for one thing "your money."

Outsmart them. Learn what needs to be learned and get this thing rooted for the love of everything good! I would love to OC the craaaap outta this phone. I already have water tight custom cooling case for it and Graphene pad installed. Just waiting patiently for two years now and still no root. I'm still patiently waiting for this phone to be rooted. Hopefully before the tech is considered majorly obsolete. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Negative. ZTE manufacturer started implementing their own security locks last year on their Bootloaders because of people bypassing/disabling the carrier Bootloader lock, rooting, and obtaining super user on phones. I will post screens of the data once I recompile ZTE Bootloader without the lock or find a way to disable it. Then root with kingroot.

Upvote 0
Is this applicable to the process you using?

Unlock Bootloader Simple Procedure

Start the unlock bootloader software on your computer ,Chouse your model cell phone ,Put the IMEI number on his place ,Click Generate Code button ,You will get a code like this C3468P037UD6682C,When you will get this code you need to make some steps manual ,Download and Install te Android SDK ,On your cell device , turn on USB debugging by going to SETTINGS>DEVELOPER OPTIONS and click to enable USB debugging ,To connect whit unlock bootloader code generator software you must turn off your cell phone ,Connect a USB cable to your computer ,On your cell phone press the VOLUME UP button at the same time as you connect the other and of the USB cable ,When your cell phone is connected open a command window on your PC and go to PLATFORM TOOLS folder on Android SDK folder ,Enter this command : >fastboot devicesVerify that you will get an answer back without error ,To complete the unlock bootloader procedure enter the following command : >fastboot -i OxOfce oem unlock bootloader C3468P037UD6682C

Upvote 0
I have temp root with pc version of kingo. I dumped the stock recovery image. As long as I don't reboot, I can keep root. Tried various mount codes but can't get the system to mount rw. Does anyone have any knowledge to help get this thing perm rooted? I know with some lg devices you can zero out the laf partition to enable fastboot, obviously we don't have a laf partition, but just wondering if anyone has any ideas for the next step.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-17-14-25-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-17-14-25-59.png
    160.8 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
If all goes well you will be able to flash the images with flashify app or dd commands. It will not be super easy to use though. Basically, he is going to change the public keyset in the recovery with a different set. Then any zip signed with his keyset should flash. (Meaning you'll have to sign every zip you want to flash.) I am going to test it with a simple SuperSU zip and If It doesn't brick and I gain perm root, then that's definitely a start. I just can't wait to try it. Hopefully something good will come out of it tho.

Reactions: Heckerpead
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones