• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Zte warp elite N5918

So that really wasn't you that worked at Verizon?
No, really. I've been a Boost Mobile guy since they came to FL in 2002-3. Mostly started messing with Android on the ZTE Warp series, beginning with the Sequent N860. Before that I was a Nextel customer. I've been an Electrician since 2000.. No Verizon stuff, except I believe I done a stock ROM once last yr for the LG Exceed2 to help @Father Guido but that's as far as I ever went into Verizon anything.

Upvote 0
Oh ok I see. Speaking of ZTE phones, this one is probably the best one they have made. I have owned a few as well and for me they we're always buggy. And what's funny is this one is not able to be rooted the other 2 I had rooted no problem.
ZTE and Boost Mobile actually stalk us in these threads.. So when the Zmax and Warp Sync achieved Root, they quickly started patching the exploits and sending the fixes in Updates and even paused the mfgr process of new devices until they had the KR patches built into the newer software before release. Really, they stalk us in AF & XDA

Upvote 0
OK so one step closer it's showing busybox installed but still working on the rest of the privledges any suggestions? :specsdroid:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-23-09-34-23.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-23-09-34-23.png
    352.4 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
Do you think they would have had time to patch it from the manufacturer especially on the first or second builds? The phone was released in August and stagefright was released just before that

1. When you first boot the new device it goes thru a series of updates, including firmware.. So yes, it could be done if you don't immediately hit "cancel" when it pops up. I had to hit Cancel the moment it showed up on my Warp Sync during 1st boot, or the patches would be in place and I'd be without any hope of root.
2. They'll do the patches to the newer devices before backtracking the older ones to reduce the number of newer Rooted devices in the populace

3. Busybox is preinstalled (stock) in bin in our Syncs, so your busybox may have already been there...

Reactions: android6987
Upvote 0
No it doesn't work like that it's a system update. Basically the problem goes back to needing to be able to gain root privileges and even then the update is written into the firmware which without root is impossible to change. We need to gain root access then we need help working on a custom rom for our phones. As far as I know that would be the only way to "get rid of" the security update. I need to see what the patch included for our phones, and if stagefright will even work for you that's is if we ever figure out how to exploit it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones