1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by freethinker, Dec 23, 2009.

1. freethinker

freethinker Member

Dec 22, 2009
    providence

Advertisement

2. cguilford

cguilford Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Network Admin
    USA
    Has anyone tested this do they know if it works yet?

3. freethinker

freethinker Member

Dec 22, 2009
    providence
    I actually just finished rooting my phone and while there isn't to much i've been able to do since its rooted...the speed of my phone is amazing. I absolutely love it.

4. Trky

Trky New Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I rooted my phone last night. Only major thing I noticed was some of the apps that I didn't use nor did I want were removed and it did speed it up a bit. Any news on roms being made or any updates to 1.6 or 2.0?

5. kansas city_charger

Jan 3, 2010
    Kansas City,MO
    Even though its rooted, has anybody developed custom roms or themes? My G1 and Mytouch were both rooted and i loved the custom roms from Cyanogen and various themes from different developers. The Cliq is fast as his, I can't imagine how fast it is now with root, is it a big difference that you can tell off hand?

6. freethinker

freethinker Member

Dec 22, 2009
    providence
    There's def an improvement in speed. I noticed it right away and I still notice a difference in speed from before.

I dont think there's any custom roms available just yet...

i think the guy that was working on the hero rom just received his cliq today...so hopefully we can see something soon.

7. kansas city_charger

Jan 3, 2010
    Kansas City,MO
    Nice, I will hold off on rooting until there are some roms and themes worth downloading. I mean I would love to have it run faster, but right now I don't feel like going through the root process lol. Maybe I will root it sometime this weekend. It will be real nice if someone comes up with a one click root process.

8. IINaDII

IINaDII Active Member

Dec 10, 2009
    i agree... 1 click would be awesome..