• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Simple root on this tablet use Bin4ry ICS root works like a champ.

First you have to get ADB up and working. Pretty easy to do.

To get ADB up and running add these lines to the latest google usb drivers included in the SDK. Modify the android_winusb.inf file. Add the lines below to the file you should be able to figure out where if you read the file. I know these lines work on 64 bit windows should also work on 32 bit windows.

;NS-13T001
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_16D5&PID_8005
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_16D5&PID_8005&MI_01

Then in your user directory. This folder may exist. C:\Users\YourUserName\.android there be a file called adb_usb.ini. Add line below to that file then ADB can see your device.
0x16D5

If .android folder does not exist in your user directory you will have to create the .android directory using either a bat file or the command line.

Here is the code to do it.
@echo off

if not EXIST %userprofile%\.android\ ( mkdir %userprofile%\.android\ )

Then you have to create adb_usb.ini in notepad. This is all it will contain.

# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.

0x16D5

You may have to turn off driver signing on your computer depending on OS to install driver after modding the inf file. Use google for instructions on how to do this with your version of windows.

Link to download and instructions for Bin4rys root tool.

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

Have fun takes about 3 minutes.

I created a tool to get ADB working and check it on the Flex but can't post links yet.

Upvote 0
Discovered .android folder isn't put in user folder automatically. You have to create it with a Bat file or from the command prompt.

Bat file or run from prompt.

@echo off

if not EXIST %userprofile%\.android\ ( mkdir %userprofile%\.android\ )

then you have to create adb_usb.ini in notepad. This is all it will contain.

# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.

0x16D5

Have Fun.

My machine already had the .android folder for another device so I missed that step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones