• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
adb shell
su
reboot bootloader

got me stuck on the gzone logo on boot.

commands:
update <filename> reflash device from update.zip
flashall flash boot + recovery + system
flash <partition> [ <filename> ] write a file to a flash partition
erase <partition> erase a flash partition
format <partition> format a flash partition
getvar <variable> display a bootloader variable
boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] download and boot kernel
flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] create bootimage and flash it
devices list all connected devices
continue continue with autoboot
reboot reboot device normally
reboot-bootloader reboot device into bootloader
help show this help message

options:
-w erase userdata and cache (and format
if supported by partition type)
-u do not first erase partition before
formatting
-s <specific device> specify device serial number
or path to device port
-l with "devices", lists device paths
-p <product> specify product name
-c <cmdline> override kernel commandline
-i <vendor id> specify a custom USB vendor id
-b <base_addr> specify a custom kernel base address
-n <page size> specify the nand page size. default:
-S <size>[K|M|G] automatically sparse files greater th
an
size. 0 to disable

I don't know if it helps anything. I have no idea what i'm doing.

Upvote 0
Hey guys I haven't been around here in ages. Idk if anyone remembers me but I recognize elderlypunk. I was one of the few who poked around in detail with the old commando in regards to root. Ive since gone on to less durable more developer friendly phones (currently gs4) but my friend may be getting this commando and he might let me mess with it for a bit. No promises though

Haven't seen you in the GS4 forums?

Just poking my head in to see how this phone is working. The old commando forum was a small crowd. I hope the Commando LTE isn't as hindered by VZW as the last one was.

Upvote 0
Oh no i just type fastboot continue and continue the boot. I did add to the /system build.prop command messing around fastboot=0 i dont know if that did anything. I am just messing around.
if and this is a big if. you just got that command to work. we may be able to get a recovery on it. it sounds like you got to the bootloader then you got fastboot to work. if you are going to be on tonight. i would like you to try some thing for me. if you are up to it.

Upvote 0
I'd be more than willing to help. I won't be home till later today though around 11 central time in case different part if country. I'll be home tomorrow all evening after 5. I don't know if it was that that did it or other stuff through shell when I was messing around. I can make another backup of my system if it will help find out.

Upvote 0
I'd be more than willing to help. I won't be home till later today though around 11 central time in case different part if country. I'll be home tomorrow all evening after 5. I don't know if it was that that did it or other stuff through shell when I was messing around. I can make another backup of my system if it will help find out.
I am eastern time. If not today that's fine.just trying to help out. Check into getting a phone. But can't get one until dec. Verizon won't do a early upgrade. But may be able to get manigma77 to try some thing to night. We'll see and thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
Ok, I see other people have been able to root, I'm having no luck. If I do any extended periods with adb my windows 7 box bluescreens. Same result with SuperOneClick Root. I haven't tried the Unlockr program, mainly because it is flagged as malware. I know everyone is moved onto loading a custom rom but I have a few questions:

Does anyone trust the unlockr program? Is it flagged as malware simply because it roots?

Has anyone else had issues with BSOD while trying to work with the Commando LTE?

Upvote 0
I would not trust the Unlockr program until we've gotten more feedback / detail from successfully rooted users. I have yet to try any method myself, but am willing to lend any aid I can to more worthy and talented posters who can actually work on getting us root.

I helped get attention and start a push for two of the original Commando root-hacks and would really appreciate some help in getting this phone the root it (and we) deserves.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones