• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Root?

menace316

Lurker
Nov 2, 2013
I have an LG Venice from Boost mobile running 4.1.2. Jellybean already, I have tried rooting using the Bin4ry method, but I cannot find the .cab file that I need.
I have rooted a few phones before but this one seems like a real piece. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have been looking through the forums trying to find something, sorry if it is already on here but cannot find it.

I have tried this method several times with no luck, maybe I am doing something wrong. I will go through it again and check my steps and repost. So far I regret buying this phone, one of the most annoying things about it is how it turns on the WiFi by itself all the time. Quite annoying.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Upvote 0
Okay I get the backup message, I do it on my phone, hit the key to continue.
Then the restore my data message, do it on my phone and press the key to continue
It says

going to reboot now.......
mount: operation not permitted
1704 KB/s (380532 bytes in 0.218s)
3663 KB/s (1500495 bytes in 0.400s)
4645 KB/s (1165484 bytes in 0.245s)
remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist

Going to copy files to it's place
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
Rebooting again, please wait!
Could Not Find C:\Users\Duane\Desktop\ric
Restoring previous Backup!

My phone reboots and I am not rooted...

Also I just noticed I had installed Superuser app on my phone and now it is missing.

Upvote 0
Okay forget that mess, just go to the link in my first post to you. That will like you to the my post about the framaroot. In that post is a like to the XDA post where you can get the app. Download the most recent version, make sure your install from unknown sources is checked on your phone so you can install it. Install it and run it. The app will list two exploit methods for your phone one won't work but the next one will. It will root the device easily. After that you can go to the play store, download busybox etc...

Reactions: menace316
Upvote 0
Figured that out right before you posted. I do however appreciate the help greatly, my phone is finally rooted. I just googled framaroot app on my phone downloaded version 1.6.1 second option worked!!

Once again I appreciate it, had you not made the comment about not using a pc I wouldn't have even thought to try it that way.

Thanks much.:D:D:D:D

Upvote 0
I have tried this method several times with no luck, maybe I am doing something wrong. I will go through it again and check my steps and repost. So far I regret buying this phone, one of the most annoying things about it is how it turns on the WiFi by itself all the time. Quite annoying.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Look in your settings for something like connections optimizer and turn it off. That should solve the WiFi turning itself on issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones