1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted a long time ago - Have some questions :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by audiorox, Sep 14, 2011.

1. audiorox

audiorox Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    I'm on a rooted Froyo 2.2 Build 3.70.651.1.

I want to update to the lastest rooted Gingerbread build.

Based on everything (loads of info) that I've read, all I need to do is flash the rom for the latest Gingerbread build, right? I'm assuming that's the Gingerbread Official OTA 4.53.651.1 that's listed in the Roms and Kernels thread.

Or do I just follow this thread?: "ROOTING For Dummies Guide.....the Gingerbread Edition"

This may seem like a newb question and I apologize. I'm just trying to clarify what I need to do to get the latest updates while being rooted. I couldn't find an answer that really screamed the answer through search :(

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yep that is all you would have to do. just flash a gingerbread rom and you will be updated as far as software goes. i would however, recommend something better then the stock gingerbread 4.53 rom. try out mikg 2.5. it is a stock rom that has elements of sense 2.1 and sense 3.0 which our evos will never get. it is very fast and stable. and all of these roms are found on the rom/kernel sticky.

if you want to update your radios as well then that is up to you. it is not necessary to update them. however, some people have reported that they get better signal and thus better battery life. for me i updated my radios with the 4.24 ota and i have not seen a difference in signal strength or battery life. i do plan to update to the most recent radios this weekend, however.

but please read this:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...before-you-flash-your-radios-read-thread.html. do not let the warnings scare you. many here including me, have flashed radios with no issues. just be aware of what you are getting into when flashing radios.

3. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I too would suggest using MikG. Great combo of sense2.1/3.0 and good on battery life

4. audiorox

audiorox Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Thank you! And thanks for the replies and clarification. Pretty excited about finally trying a better rom! I'll flash the MikG for sure.

andygu3 likes this.
  5. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    If you want to overclock, I would suggest trying either ChopSuey Universal kernel or lithid's freedom universal kernel

dustwun77 likes this.
Tags: