• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted alcatel streak from cricket

Odin89

Android Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2013
heart of tx
www.google.com
Hey guys, i ported over and got a free phone from cricket, to my surprise it is rootable. so now im fully rooted and replaced kr with su, and its actually quit surprising how reliable the phone is for its price. now debloated iv got the phone to last 2 days on a charge under moderate use!! So heres the thing.. the device is not incredibly popular and im not a developer, i would like to see a custom recovery for the device so i can at least get to tinkering even more. May i ask a dev or someone with the knowledge to create a custom recovery for this device. Alcatel Streak. im rooted and can pull anything from the device you would need :) Any time put towards this will be incredibly appreciated.

Reactions: 0utSid3r
Hey guys, i ported over and got a free phone from cricket, to my surprise it is rootable. so now im fully rooted and replaced kr with su, and its actually quit surprising how reliable the phone is for its price. now debloated iv got the phone to last 2 days on a charge under moderate use!! So heres the thing.. the device is not incredibly popular and im not a developer, i would like to see a custom recovery for the device so i can at least get to tinkering even more. May i ask a dev or someone with the knowledge to create a custom recovery for this device. Alcatel Streak. im rooted and can pull anything from the device you would need :) Any time put towards this will be incredibly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Kingroot.apk over at xda is what i used. Worked first try. Theres a script you can use android terminal.apk to cd to and execute once you gain root and, replace kingroot with supersu. To replace untrustworthy su. Was an awesome phone for the cheap price. I dont have the device anymore. But happy to help if you need more detail.
Kingroot.apk over at xda is what i used. Worked first try. Theres a script you can use android terminal.apk to cd to and execute once you gain root and, replace kingroot with supersu. To replace untrustworthy su. Was an awesome phone for the cheap price. I dont have the device anymore. But happy to help if you need more detail.

Upvote 0
With most all apps that auto root your going to want the latest. Search "kingroot xda" and click link linked to xda, download latest kingroot.apk there are .apk (apps) and .exe (computer program). I did not need the .exe. As with all android devices before rooting make sure to go into settings and tap build number 7 times to unlock dev options in settings, then go into dev settings and enable usb debugging and enable oem unlock before running the kingroot.apk.

Upvote 0

How did you get rid of kr and get su to work?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones