1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Rooted and feelin good:)!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ryanmiller78, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ryanmiller78

ryanmiller78 Newbie
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    Evo with 3.7 and 2.1 HBOOT. I used the new Unrevoked and everything is money!!!! Took me about 45 minutes and that included backup, install, clockwork recovery, titanium install, wireless tether setup, and adfree install.

Tomorrow I will begin the hunt for my first ROM.

Advertisement

2. boriqua2000

boriqua2000 Member
    None

May 13, 2010
    i just did the same thing and started deleting all of the bloatware that i had on my evo.i was about to delete HTC sense since i use launcher pro but was worried that by doing so it would mess up my phone.what do you think?

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    Near Los Angeles
    Sense, itself, is built into the phone and cannot be removed (ok, well you can flash an AOSP rom, but...). The Sense launcher, however, can, but you must do it correctly.

First - make a backup *now*, if you haven't already. If you're not going to flash a custom rom (and even if you do), you should never start removing things unless you have a nandroid backup.

Second - Some things don't react well to just being removed. If you want to remove the Sense launcher the correct way, flash the mod found here:

[ Mods ][ 12-21 ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes [Unlocked Tether l MMS Resize l Reboot Mod] - xda-developers

It will safely remove it, but you will not be able to get it back unless:

a) you have a nandroid backup to restore, or
    b) you are using a custom rom, which you can reflash without wiping data

Tags: