1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root rooted and flashed....having WIFI issues..help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greenzellybean, Dec 16, 2010.

1. greenzellybean

None

Dec 12, 2010
    mgmt
    Chicago
    Hi All,

I recently rooted my Captivate and flashed with cognition Download Cognition v2.3b7 Non OC/UV rom.

Everything went well but after the flash...I am having difficulty connecting to any WIFI.

also do you think I should go back to my original stock rom i.e. ATT standard one?? On the Rom back up if I select previous backups..it keep waiting for information and nothing happens..

please help...:thinking:

Advertisement

2. xeni0o

xeni0o Member
    None

Oct 21, 2010
    I am running b7 and I have no wifi issues so I am not sure why you do. However you cannot restore back to 2.1 stock using rom manager since the formatting is different and you will be stuck at the ATT bars. If you want to go back to 2.1 you will need to flash to stock using odin and then root and install rom manager and then you can restore your backup.

3. s44

s44 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    Before going all the way back to Eclair, I would reflash a Captivate-based Froyo kernel and modem to go with the Captivate /system in 2.3b7. The i9000 kernel/modem sometimes doesn't play well with the Captivate stuff.

Flash this zip in Clockwork. It should take out all the i9000 parts of a currently-installed Cog 2.3b7. The kernel is supercurio's Voodoo-added stock Cap Froyo from here. The modem is stock leaked Captivate Froyo JJ4.

4. greenzellybean

None

Dec 12, 2010
    mgmt
    Chicago
    going back to the stock and start fresh...is my LAST option...:(

now can I flash it with Assonance 5.0 ?? I dont have any data or files etc on the phone to worry about...this is brand new and I just bought it for playing around..;);) so a working wifi is important for me..don't want to pay for data...

thanks

5. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    Pilates Instructor
    South of Boston, MA
    Did you do what s44 suggested? That seems to have helped others. If it's a play phone, then give it a try. Why flash another ROM before you've worked through this one?