1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Rooted and internal/sd both not working properly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bipin ghimire, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

I rooted my phone once and then unrooted it but i got my internal showing memory full. When i gotta check my storage details it shows total capacity 0.0 and used 0.0. I cannot store anything to my sd card too but it is accessable from file explorer but internal consists empty folders .gallery is not showing thumbnails of pictures and videos. Music player crashing in middle of playing smth. I cannot play music directly choosing but it does work when i next. I cleared cache and data so many times downloaded card recovery and sdscan apps rebooted so many times still doesnt works. Help me!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like it could be internal storage layout and/or firmware got damaged or corrupted when you were rooting and unrooting it. How and if you can restore and re-flash it, all depends on whatever it is you've got there, make, model, if it's a carrier version?

Phalon4 likes this.
  3. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

I got no idea about smth like this.  I had simply rooted it for security test from kingo root but it appeared as a crap at the end. Would it work when i get to reflash or should i recover it? Thank you for the response!

4. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Some people not happy until they screw up they're devices by rooting them. But I hope this device wasn't your primary source on mobile communication because if there isn't a ROM available you just may be stuck with that issue.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If the root method altered partition parameters or modified the the system partition, a reset won't fix it, most likely, although it's probably the easiest thing to try first. To fix it, you'll need to reflash the factory firmware, if it's available. Let us know what phone, model, android version and carrier and we might be able to find something for you.

6. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

Lenevo vibeshot z90a40

Android version 5.1.1 lolipop

Mpss. Dpm. 2.0.2.c1-00049

Thank you for the reply.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I've looked through several websites and found a few that say they are the stock Lenovo Vibeshot firmware. I really can't vouch for any of them as I have no experience with Lenovo firmware, but this one seems to have a good set of instructions.

https://firmwarefile.com/lenovo-vibe-shot-z90a40

If anyone knows of a better source, feel free to chime in. :)

8. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

Thank you i'll try it!

9. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

I've downloaded it but when I get to reboot phone from recovery it just normally starts, I tried updating but it failed. Someone said me to recover from bootloader software but I have no idea what's goin on! Please help

10. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

11. Bipin ghimire

Bipin ghimire Lurker

I didn't do anything but later it starts working on. I had really got tired of that. No idea how it was fixed! But I guess the updates..

Lenovo Vibe Shot Forum

The Lenovo Vibe Shot release date was June 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 615 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2015
Release Date
Reviews