• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted and now headphone jack not working

It's possible that you have some dust or other material in the jack preventing an electrical connection perhaps?

I've check to make sure there isn't anything blocking the jack and there isn't. I've also tried 3 different headphones and the lead to the car stereo. Same results each time. I've also tried playing MP3's via PowerAmp and Google Play with the same results. PowerAmp will stop playing when the headphones are removed as it is supposed to do.

Upvote 0
I would like to say a few things about the jack on the bionic, I have owned several bionics. The first bionic I bought when they first came out, headphone jack worked fine, but the screen would no longer accept touch on the right side, so I got a new one from warranty. The Android OS was updated on it when I got it, the headphone jack did not work. I just lived with it until the phone was crushed when I set a SAN node on top of it. So I purchased one from ebay since Verizon gave me a Droid Razr. I didnt use the Razr since all of my accessories didn't fit on the Razr. With the 3rd Bionic the Jack never worked either and it came shipped with Jellybean. I've only rooted one of the bionics.

I've pulled my bionic apart several times to see if there is anything in the Jack, which is not much more accessible with the case off either, I've looked several times at it with a loupe , nothing is blocking the connectors from touching the male headphone jack. I speculate it has to be something with the Android version turning off the Jack. And this phone seems to be particularly difficult to root for me so when I have time, I'm going to root this one to see if I can probe the hardware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones